Help! Water system on Motorhome

Cazbe01

Hi! We have just bought our first Motorhome-a 2011 Elddis Autoquest 130. We are complete novices and we are trying to get water to pump from the aquaroll into the taps but nothing is coming through. It appears to be coming out of an overflow pipe underneath the Motorhome. We don’t have a manual and the one I’ve found on the internet does not show where anything is on the Motorhome. Any Idiots guides Greatly appreciated!

Look in water tank for drain plug/valve and check boiler dump red plunger or 3 way valve

drain valve near water boiler open? valve.jpg

... and on the previous page:-

WATER SYSTEM
Filling your fresh water tank

Your new Elddis motorhome is fitted with a
Whale Autofill water system. In order to fill up
and automatically top up your water tank from
either a fixed water supply or a water container
please follow the instruction given on the next
page.
Please take care not to over fill your tank it is
advised that someone monitors the water level in
the tank while filling is in progress.
Waste Water Tank
Your new Explorer Group motorhome is also
fitted with a 451itre waste water tank. All waste
water excluding the toilet waste will run into the
waste water tank. The level of water in the tank
can be monitored using the control panel.
Opening the grey waste outlet provided on the
outside of the motorhome empties the tank.
Open the tap when the outlet is over a drain and
the water will run out of the tank.
Draining Down Your Water System
(i)
It is essential that you drain down your
motorhome water system when it is not in
use. This is most important during winter
months to protect against frost damage
(ii) Disconnect the water pump and switch off
power supply.
(iii) Remove the water heater fuse from the
switch spur and store in a safe place.
(iv) Open the safety drain valve on the water
heater located next to the water heater.
(v) Open all taps and remove all plugs from
sinks and showers. Lever operated taps
should have the lever put into the up and
central position.
(vi) Open both the blue and grey drain outlets
on the outside of your motorhome.
(vii) Adjust the level of the motorhome to
ensure that the drain outlet is at the lowest
point of the motorhome. This will aid the
flow of water to ensure all water is drained
off.
After 30 minutes level the motorhome and
prepare it for storage if necessary.

Don't know if this video is any help. The sound quality is poor on my laptop..

It says it's the Autoquest 130, dunno if this is the right model?

Why oh why didn't they just let people use a hose or watering can. Far easier than mucking about with an Aquaroll. Does make you wonder if the design team ever bother trying out their invention s in the real world or just look on it as a caravan.

Wonder if they got it sorted? :unsure:

If they did they've maybe gorn orf on an overnight jolly to try it out :)

Sounds like the drain valve is open to me,no other reason water would pour through unless a pipe off albeit you would expect water everywhere

At the side of the hot water tank is normally the pipes and a little lever most colour coded yellow , if it’s vertical it is in drain position ,, it should be laying flat parallel with the piping,,,,this is the normal newbie mistake rather than a troublesome system

Probably it was drained for winter/storage and when sold a proper hand over not able to be done due to social distance rules. But it does sound like drain valve open

Hi! We have just bought our first Motorhome-a 2011 Elddis Autoquest 130. We are complete novices and we are trying to get water to pump from the aquaroll into the taps but nothing is coming through. It appears to be coming out of an overflow pipe underneath the Motorhome. We don’t have a manual and the one I’ve found on the internet does not show where anything is on the Motorhome. Any Idiots guides Greatly appreciated!
An aquaroll, lost already???

An aquaroll, lost already???
I kept one from my tugging days, very useful if I cannot be arsed to move motorhome to fill up. Aqua roll, submersible pump, 40 litres of water, job done. Easier than making 4 trips with my 10 litre watering can.
Actually used it twice this week when in the lakes. It saved packing everything away to drive 50 yards and back then levelling motorhome again.

I kept one from my tugging days, very useful if I cannot be arsed to move motorhome to fill up. Aqua roll, submersible pump, 40 litres of water, job done. Easier than making 4 trips with my 10 litre watering can.
Actually used it twice this week when in the lakes. It saved packing everything away to drive 50 yards and back then levelling motorhome again.
Thats another thing, never done any leveling in 15 years, maybe a new hobby for me.

4 trips with my 10 litre watering can

If you had two cans its only two trips and it's easy to carry two because you are balanced. Also keeps you fit and gives you something to do .. :) ;)

Wonder what happened to the OP.

Just watched the video 5 - 10 minutes to put 45L in the tank and why do you need the pump running when you are connecting it to a tap. It must rank as one of the worst inventions yet to fill a MH. What do you do if the pump fails ( I know carry a spare )

Last edited:
Look in water tank for drain plug/valve and check boiler dump red plunger or 3 way valve
Look inside the van above where it’s coming out, probably an electrical solenoid valve with a button to reset it or just drain valves left open. If it comes out faster when the pump is working that’s what it is.

Why oh why didn't they just let people use a hose or watering can. Far easier than mucking about with an Aquaroll. Does make you wonder if the design team ever bother trying out their invention s in the real world or just look on it as a caravan.

We had a gravity feed put in alongside the Whale as the Whale was such faff and too slow, I guess the whale works if your parked up for a few days and don't want to move the van to get water, but using the Whale system connected to a container means you can only fill lets say 25litres, connect the Whale to the tap with the supplied pips and 90 litres took nearly and hour.
Once the gravity feed (basically a hole an big pipe) was on the van the same tap filled 90 litres in under 5 minutes, no brainer really.

Because we mostly wild camp, (almost) everything is always packed away.
We never level the van beyond stopping in the nearest-to-level spot we can find.
We carry a hose on a reel as well as a wrinkling-shrinking hose, so could probably reach a tap 50 metres away, though driving a short distance usually makes more sense.
As a result, we have never carried a watering can or owned an aquaroll.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back