Hello

Mads

Hello all, 👋

I found this site from watching an older video of John and Mandy on tour on YouTube.
I live full time in my motorhome, apply for jobs in a particular area and then find a site that will allow me to stay on an ongoing basis. This year, I started a new job in the catering department of a private boarding school. The schools closed and lockdown started a few days after I started there, I was furloughed and stayed on my Dad’s driveway. This most recent lockdown was much more difficult, the schools stayed open but the campsite closed and it’s 60 miles from my Dad’s house. My van needs new batteries and I don’t know much about the solar system I have, as it was installed before I bought it while I had it on reserve.

:)

Hi, welcome 👋 👋

Might be worth contacting the local council where you work, or look to see if there are any small sites/farms near work.

Hi welcome along from Scotland if I might suggest putting a post in motorhome questions stating what your van is batteries and solar system. There is great knowledge on this site to help you. Thanks for joining 👋 ;)🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hi from Co Antrim, for winter you will get a small charge from 200w solar and a good mppt regulator, also 2 batteries is the min for a day or so with out running the engine, and depending what you have running of them, motorhome builder sister site (y)

Welcome Mads.
120 miles is a long round trip commute by any standards let alone in a motorhome.
This may be a stupid question but have you asked the school about parking up somewhere?
You might even get EHU?

Welcome Mads.
120 miles is a long round trip commute by any standards let alone in a motorhome.
This may be a stupid question but have you asked the school about parking up somewhere?
You might even get EHU?

I was parked up on a road in Glastonbury where quite a few other vans/ caravans where parked up for the last lockdown. There were a couple of portaloos and a large water tank on the road also. I’m not even allowed to drive to work and park in the staff car park, let alone be allowed to stay on the school grounds.

Disappointing but very 'Upstairs Downstairs'
Just have park up outside the entrance then 😀

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back