Hello to all!

• Thread starter Deleted member 16175
  • Start date

Deleted member 16175

Hubby Hans and I Ulla have just upgraded our membership since we are finally able to go to the UK in April(from Sweden).We have a number of questions regarding wild camping, driving etc but the most important is the regulations regarding wild camping in England, Wales and Scotland?

Hi and welcome, this is discussed regularly here. I think that if there are no specific bans or official signs you can park bit not camp. I am sure others will clarify and I think generally accepted getting harder to find and keep good spots . Might be worth joining camping and caravan club if you can as they have a network of usually low cost certificated locations (CL's) and also organise low cost rallies around the country.

And by parking you mean overnight parking, whereas camping would mean a tent?

They generally view camping as having the awning out and maybe chairs and a table outside the van.

If none of these are out you would probably be deemed as parking rather than camping.

It's not as bleak as it sounds. There are still secluded spots where you can park up and have a BBQ etc. as long as you are discrete and not hindering anybody else such as pedestrians or cyclists etc.

Scotland has many more remote places such as these than England and true wildcamping is relatively easy up there.

...I should also add that many pub landlords/landladies are amenable if you ask to stay on their car parks overnight, providing you use the pub for drinks or a meal.

I have stayed in some lovely country pubs before now and they have often asked if I want to stay longer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back