Heating

silverweed

As winter approaches I have not yet used the heating but last winter I noticed the heating was not as good as it had been. The heating appeared not to as apparent as before when switched on and little was coming out of the vents. It took longer for the van to heat up. Also occasionally when first turned on there was a couple of seconds of rumbling. Last week I decided to have a little investigation and turfed everything out of the wardrobe to get to the water heater. All appeared ok but I decided to clean the fan with a small artist paint brush that I keep in the van for small jobs. I could not believed the amount of dust on the fins and found it hard to breathe with the dust flying. In the end I placed wet kitchen paper below the fan to catch the dust. I have just turned on the heating to check it out and just can’t believe the difference. The vents are blowing a good couple of feet out and the heat is great. There is a smell of burning dust but that will soon stop. So here is another forgotten job that may need doing before winter sets in for others

Hey Trev Already sorted, But I seem to remember one had the Sniffles so will make a batch of Dripping 🤣🤣

It’s surprising the detrimental effects Dust & General Muck can have On Stood Electrical appliances & things like that though in environments like vans, The OP does make a good point that can be easily over looked by many.
Well done SW.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back