Heading out this coming 4th July?

Rather mundane on the 6th will be travelling to Derby. Van has been booked in for MOT, service and hab check since roughly this time last year.
Staying in Derby 6th & 7th meeting a cousin of mine, picking up van and travelling home on the 8th. Don't feel the need for a celebration to mark the easing of lockdown, having said that I have been enjoying the company of my son DIL and granddaughters since we were allowed so maybe not as eager as some.
I know, boring old fart.
so your an old fart, boring, i have my doubts, seek and you will find. get your fat arse of the couch, its a brave new world, out and a bout, that is the question, ok.pj.

Holed up at our son's house in Manchester for a few days. Only plan is to pick up some Big Orange car shampoo from B&Q in Stockport, which for some reason isn't available up home but has to be had at £6.20 for 5 litres. Van MOT done on the 29th and taken off SORN from the first of July so things checked over and van back in the yard until sanity returns. Great to spend some time with the grandkids.

Cheers

H

We have loads of veg growing too, tbh they can die of dehydration this time, nothing is going to stop us getting away when the time comes. Maybe a lot of hard work for nothing but lockdown has been harder work!

Stick plenty of mulch, cardboard, straw or bark on top, it helps stop the soil drying out.

Your right about lots of mulch retaining the moisture but beware of over doing it as it will lock up the nutrients for next year.
We went one further than being tied to watering the garden this year and being as we weren’t going away bought our daughter two orphan lambs, there down to one bottle feed a day now so will soon be weened

Been to my bit of woodland today to meet a fellow wood owner and to cut the brambles and saplings clutterIn up the track. It was blowing a gale but sunny most of the time. Lovely to hear the birds and the sheep after being stuck in Bristol for lock down. Hopefully hot weather next week so I’ll be off to the wood for a while in my “new” camper. Greener than the last one. Roll on sun, will have a swim in the sea with any luck.

Reactions: 2cv

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back