Have you been issued with an incorrect Speeding Ticket in your MoHO?

The technology is there to restrict cars to the speed limit using sensors. But that would cost money and take away the revenue from fines.

However, I'm not sure I would like to see it brought in.

True but I was thinking of the cars which can go over 120 mph...not allowed in many countries!
The technology is there to restrict cars to the speed limit using sensors. But that would cost money and take away the revenue from fines.

If what I saw on YouTube the other day is true, that's exactly what's on the cards. New car models first manufactured from next year will be fitted with those speed limiters. Initially, you'll be able to override the limiter, but the system will record that you've done so. Existing models aren't yet affected but it is expected that they will be required some time in the future. Here's a link to an Autotrader article on the subject: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/news/mandatory-speed-limiters-on-uk-cars-from-2022

Commercial vehicles frequently have restrictors don't they.......not sure how I feel about sensor restrictions either. But everything is geared to "get there fast" and with cars being safer in accidents now with airbags, seatbelts etc, and the speed limit is often seen as a target, some seem to have lost the ability to judge for themselves what is safe?
Haven't had a speeding fine myself for many years, but they are so easy to enforce now with all the digital recognition. Good source of revenue!
Wonder how many will get refunds from the incorrect fines.....

Commercial vehicles frequently have restrictors don't they.......not sure how I feel about sensor restrictions either. But everything is geared to "get there fast" and with cars being safer in accidents now with airbags, seatbelts etc, and the speed limit is often seen as a target, some seem to have lost the ability to judge for themselves what is safe?
Haven't had a speeding fine myself for many years, but they are so easy to enforce now with all the digital recognition. Good source of revenue!
Wonder how many will get refunds from the incorrect fines.....

I think sensors could cause accidents in some situations.

I've often seen drivers come very close to head on collisions whilst overtaking, imagine that situation with no power in reserve!

B&gger, just read Geoffl's post, the only speeding ticket I've ever received was in the summer of 2003 heading to Pembrokeshire on the M4 near some road works.
it was early on a Sunday morning and I was the only one on the road.

Just imagine a 3L single engine! 🤪
What about a 170 litre single?

Otto 175 hp Gas Engine - Introduction​

The 175 hp Otto gas engine spent most of its life in the Brookville Water Works in nearby Brookville, Pennsylvania, where it drove a Deane triplex water pump. The engine and pump were removed from there in 1969 by John Wilcox. This equipment has since changed ownership and now belongs to Dr. Paul Harvey. The engine and pump are installed in the Power Technology Building.
The Otto is a very impressive single-cylinder, stationary, natural gas engine and is the largest remaining single-cylinder engine we know of in the world. It weighs about 25 tons and the Deane pump weighs 20 tons. The engine has a 21 inch bore and a 30 inch stroke, which yields a displacement of 10,391 cubic inches, or approximately 170 liters. Its nameplate rating is 175 hp at 180 RPM. When operating at these conditions the engine produces over 5100 ft lbf of torque.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back