Hate uk winter

mfw

So i am certainly a southern pussy when it comes to weather but have realised it does not take much of a push when people ask for photos of your diy work so looks like i am going to have to bear the brunt of the southern storms and put my mouth right with work and photos on some threads

I love the winter.

Not so many people about in the places I like. No bloody insects and it's easier to keep warm when it's cold than cool when it's too hot.

Me to Rob. There’s a guy on YouTube “travels Scotland in a Motorhome “
Well this guy posts all his travels and they are done in winter.
Ok you need plenty of battery power, as much solar as you can muster, plenty of gas. But you can go to places that in summer are heaving and spend a night on your own. And you don’t upset any locals who tend to be more welcoming in winter.
Just wrap up, and enjoy the winter scenery which can be breathtaking in winter.
No winter blues here, just more trips in quieter locations.

Last edited:
I love the winter.

Not so many people about in the places I like. No bloody insects and it's easier to keep warm when it's cold than cool when it's too hot.

Not JUST me then.... ;-)

IMG_20201028_201747.jpg

Absolutely right it’s easier to keep warm in winter than cool in summer but it’s not easier to deal with wet clothing, muddy boots or wet grubby dogs that try to bite your head off when you rub them with o towel not that I’m complaining too much

I used to like winter when we had proper snow ,now it's cold wet dark windy and miserable and seems to go on forever.. give me long warm day's when you can sit outside untill closing time, then get back to the van and have a wee dram night cap in shorts n T shirt while the sun comes up , good night.

This far North we only have very short days in winter and pretty much endless days in summer. I must be a lazy beggar because I love winter, the endless days of summer mean that with the sun outside it never feels like it's time to sit back and watch a bit of telly or listen to a story!

That said taking on board the last post, summer is probably better for travelling.

Sod winter, I hate it. Give me sunshine every day.

Winter:

High heating costs, damp towels and clothes, mud, slippery roads/pavements, poor visibility, dark most of the day, condensation, colds & flu, higher blood pressure, wet and muddy dog, Christmas (aarrrggghhh!), SAD, indoors most of the time, grumpy people, plus so many other negatives.

Summer:

Out every day, long dog walks, happy people, light all day long. Warm - mmmmm. :)

Winter:

High heating costs, damp towels and clothes, mud, slippery roads/pavements, poor visibility, dark most of the day, condensation, colds & flu, higher blood pressure, wet and muddy dog, Christmas (aarrrggghhh!), SAD, indoors most of the time, grumpy people, plus so many other negatives.

Yeah, but apart from that...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back