Greetings from the West Country

brigstow

Free Member
Hi to you all

My wife and I have just bought our first Motorhome - a 2003 Hymer 644. We've always said we wanted one, and now that all 7 children have finally left home (although that doesn't seem to be a permanent thing) we took the plunge. :D

We have a couple a months to sort the van out, LPG/Solar etc, then we are going to go full time wildcamping etc - and see how we get on. Not had to sell the house, so there's always a plan B, but would really like plan A to work, at least for a couple of years. I've read some of the forum posts here and there seems to be a few people living full time, so that gives us some confidence before we start out.

Please brace yourself for a million newbie questions, especially as I only just managed to fire up the gas rings today, how many on/off valves do you need. I'm sure it will be good fun working all things out, and fixing things that break along the way. I've already broken the skylight winder, so there's £27 gone already and we haven't even set off yet.

Cheers
Colin & Diane
Bristol UK

Hi and welcome 👋 Before you set off have a night on the drive (if you have one) just to get the hang of things

Exciting. Full timing wildcamping, you will want to become a full member for access to the location app

Best wishes

Hello Colin & Diane, welcome aboard. 👍

Exciting times ahead 😉

Ditto what Tookey said about locations, plus a whole lot more.

Welcome to the wild side from weston super mud, after 7 kids it should all be plain sailing.Good luck in your ventures.

Hi welcome along from Scotland enjoy your adventures👏🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hello I hope you have many good outings in your van this is a great site for info everyone's very helpful

No no, we're still here. Been reading a lot of the old posts here. Still at work at the moment so not a lot of time to work on getting the MH ready. We can't actually go anywhere until late July, maybe early August, but that's OK, we're not in any rush. The van we bought seems to be in very good condition, but lacking what I think we may need for full-time living. I've installed an LPG system, and I'm about to move the old Gel leisure battery from under the driver's seat to the dinette area. After a huge amount of research etc, have decided I will buy two new 110ah Gel batteries. Once that is done, then I'll look at solar panels and everything that goes with that. Need to look into some sort of 4G wifi for the van, and then I think the wife will want to take control so she can make the van up the way she wants it. But more importantly, we are both still very excited to get going 🥳

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back