Granada stopover.

groyne

I'm struggling to find somewhere to stay near Granada. Any recommendations, preferably outside the city but near transport links. Cheers.

A few years ago we visited Granada and had to stop on one of the Acci sites on a bus route. Have also stopped on one of the industrial estates off the main road for an overnight on way to Portugal

A few years ago we visited Granada and had to stop on one of the Acci sites on a bus route. Have also stopped on one of the industrial estates off the main road for an overnight on way to Portugal
The Accsi site worked well for visiting Alhambra. I think I have seen posts about stopping in Alhambra car park , again I think it costs and there have been some difficulties with regulations .

It's over 30 Euro a night to stop at the Alhambra, where abouts is the Accsi site and does it take non members?

I think it was Camping Reina Isabel , Laurel de la Reina . With Acci membership it is still 20 euros a night but as you say cheaper than most . Bus fare was not significant , cant remember ! You can pick up an acci book and card from many camping shops for less than 20 Euros I think. We find it useful for occasional site visits when travelling.

ACSI Campsite at Beas de Granada. Pleasant site with good restaurant and bus stop at the entrance to take you to and from the city. The bus drive down to Granada has great views as the city opens up on the descent. They will also book you tickets for the Alhambra at the campsite.
37.224682, -3.488659

Pat

We stayed last year at the campsite at Bea's De Granada, I had tried to book tickets for The Alambra Palace on line for the following day but no success, they were sold out, but somehow the receptionist at the campsite was able to book us some, I presume been a local business they get preference. Caught the bus from directly outside the camp site. We also went to the town near the campsite, turn left out of the camp site, there was a nice Spanish restaurant with a courtyard that had loads of different colourful birds in cages.

Yep, that town down the hill when you turn left out of the campsite is worth the walk but the walk back up again is a challenge after a big lunch if I remember correctly.

Pat

Yep, that town down the hill when you turn left out of the campsite is worth the walk but the walk back up again is a challenge after a big lunch if I remember correctly.

Pat

Yes I agree it is pleasant enough to walk down too, but one of the locals in the restaurant we got talking to, gave us a lift back, well worth the drink I bought him.

Managed to get tickets to the Alhambra for Sunday. It shows how bad Google is when the official ticket site is so far down the list.

Now at the campsite, good news, it's a nice site. Bad news, no buses on a Sunday. So I'll have to drive down and park at the Alhambra anyway.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back