GM Clean Air Charging consultation

MiaC3000

Free Member
Hi all, Greater Manchester are currently consulting on whether to include M category campervans as well as N category campervans in their clean air charging. I would encourage people to respond to the consultation. All N class motorhomes will pay £10 per day to drive in Greater Manchester. They are asking whether M class should pay the same amount. https://cleanairgm.com/consultation/

Hi all, Greater Manchester are currently consulting on whether to include M category campervans as well as N category campervans in their clean air charging. I would encourage people to respond to the consultation. All N class motorhomes will pay £10 per day to drive in Greater Manchester. They are asking whether M class should pay the same amount. https://cleanairgm.com/consultation/
Hmmm. What about "Motor Caravans" (I assume that is what is meant by both Campervans and Motorhomes as neither terms are used on registration documents) that are not Category M OR Category N? are they excluded either way? (my last two "Motor Caravans" were not M or N).

Hi all. Curious as to what is a m category. N category. Camper van in one sentence. Motorhome in another is. How do you know as to which category your Moho is. M. N. Camper van. Motorhome. Been mohoing since 1979. First I have heard of this. Brian.

Hmmm. What about "Motor Caravans" (I assume that is what is meant by both Campervans and Motorhomes as neither terms are used on registration documents) that are not Category M OR Category N? are they excluded either way? (my last two "Motor Caravans" were not M or N).
Not sure about this one. I guess it depends on what dvla has as the vehicle type.https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

Either way, the clean air measure were supposed to target commercial vehicles and it seems campers have got caught up in the mix. If N type are going to be charged i don't see why M Type should suffer as well just to make things even... those guys can just be the lucky ones! And maybe il be able to trade my N for an M!

Tried those two sites no mention of m or. N. category
If you type in your number plate into the DVLA website, you should see all the registration details and in there is a vehicle type category... That's the one you want. Mine is N1 in the screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-112346.png
    Screenshot_20210904-112346.png
    209.3 KB · Views: 69
Mine says not available.

Attachments

• 0C668FC5-D693-4398-BDE4-5558DF880601.png
    0C668FC5-D693-4398-BDE4-5558DF880601.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 67
Mine is n
Mine says not available.
just checked my current - factory-built - motorhome .... not available on site. looked at V5C .. blank there.

never had a van that has had that field entered. Nearest was a T5 Transporter, but that was the Shuttle model and as such was officially a Car, and not a Van (and so was Category M)

If it's PHGV it's N class. A goods vehicle. All passenger vehicles should be M class.
Loigically based on what PGHV is meant to mean, maybe. But not in reality.

Exhibit 1 showing that the Tax category description is just nominal ....
1630838341473.png

You should definitely reply to the consultation so that category M1 stays exempted from the charges.
That wasn't my vehicle. Mine is not M or N.

Personally I think using the M or N is a totally flawed approach as is meaningless and siging the petition legitimises it further.

That wasn't my vehicle. Mine is not M or N.

Personally I think using the M or N is a totally flawed approach as is meaningless and siging the petition legitimises it further.
Apologies, I mixed up whose was whose. I agree it is totally flawed and the more people who say that in the consultation the better.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back