Glastonbury

mariesnowgoose

Here you go, get a load of Lizzo

:(:(
Personally I admire her.

Never heard of her before, never heard her music 'til just now.

She is obviously a woman who is comfortable in her skin and sticks two big fingers up at the conventional image of how female artists should look and behave. The music's not exactly terrible either.

I say good on her! 😜 (y)

Robmac

Personally I admire her.

She is obviously a woman who is comfortable in her skin and sticks two big fingers up at the conventional image of how female artists should look and behave. The music's not exactly terrible either.

I say good on her! 😜 (y)
Can't disagree with much of that Marie, except that the music was rubbish!

barryd

Watched it all night last night. Not been for years but used to go in the late 80s early 90s before it was mega famous. It was still massive then though but a fantastic crowd. I have some great memories. Drinking cider from WW2 shells with a Wizard casting free spells, Watching Hawkwind and Devo off the back of a flat bed truck at 3am in the Travellers field and the oddest one sharing what I thought was just a massive joint with some lads from Croydon outside the spicy cider bus on the hill and then experiencing Elvis Costellos head rise up from the stage to fill the arena. That was pretty "Far out". Eating Soup with a load of Hare Krishnas, watching 50 Zulo Warriors in a tent do a massive war dance.

One of the finest days was on the Wednesday before the event. Sat on the roof of the car with my pal right in front of the Pyramid stage drinking scrumpy and watching the sound checks. It wasnt always great though. I burnt a hole in my hand once because I thought I could defy fire and ended up in the hospital at Worthy Farm, spent three hours trying to find our tent at 4am before realising we were in the wrong field and once woke up in a hedge in the green field completely caked in mud from head to toe.

I would do it all again though, in a heartbeat (if I was younger and fitter).

spigot

Spoken like a true old person.
It's the sort of thing my dad used to say to me about the music I listened to.
“What goes around comes around”
My parents said “how can you listen to that rubbish” referring to the Beatles or the Stones!!
In the 1930s many parents thought Bing Crosby was risqué!!
But saying that, I don’t know how some kids can listen to that RAP crap, it’s so monotonous & boring.
RAP:- Retards Attempting Prose.

n brown

one of my favourite Glasto moments ; a mate of mine was running a veggie food bell tent , when his pressure cooker blew out its rubber safety valve ,which got lost . i told him not to worry as it had a back-up safety valve ,a fusible plug ,and gave him a small nut and bolt to close up the hole in the lid . about half an hour later ,there was a load of shouting and i could see a stream of punters staggering out of his tent ,covered in hot lentil soup . i went for a walk.

also once parked near the cider lorry ,as Barry said ,on top of the hill. it was very rainy and the track was deep thick mud . i saw a well dressed ,posh looking middle-aged couple carefully picking their way down the hill ,when they both slipped and went down on one knee . as they tried to get upright ,a helpful drunk hippy went to their aid ,slipped , fell across them and pushed them both face first into the mud . we laughed like drains

Nabsim

I have been watching some, we also watched Robert Plant last night, after that I put Mumford and Sons on, that ones excellent if you haven’t watched it yet. David Bowie was on same time as Amy Winehouse tonight but you can get them on demand on iplayer.

izwozral

Personally I admire her.

I say good on her! 😜 (y)

Can't disagree with much of that Marie, except that the music was rubbish!
That's being charitable, Rob!

@Marie "Never heard of her before, never heard her music 'til just now."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Mind, there is worse.
Coldplay for instance = suicide music, makes Leonard Cohen sound like happy jingles.

I may come to a meet in my mankini, twerk my ass, wobble about and sing "bom bom bi dom bi dum bum bay" and call myself an artist too.

Give me Lena Zavaroni any day.:)