Glastonbury

Robmac

Might dig out the footage of the Cure from last year Marie. Great stuff.

peter palance

Been watching some old Glastonbury fests on the old iPlayer since I got back at teatime.

Robert Plant earlier (hasn't he still got a good head of hair?!).
Now Neil is watching Pulp (whoever they are?! lol 😂 )

Anybody else indulging?
sorry most lady on the hole crap ,sorry just me,i like, carol king well ,to you hard luck, ok.pj.

n brown

little anecdote . my son was parked on the travellers field, just off the green field . Michael Eavis came round and gave everybody there,couple of hundred people, tickets to a Pavoretti concert. these tickets would be honoured at the gates . he knew they'd all be climbing fences etc , and did this to give them all free entry . he'd made enough dosh out of the straight ticket sales and wanted all the crusties to have a good time too .

Robmac

I've delivered benches to Glastonbury twice and had to arrive the day before the event started. I had to be towed out by a tractor on both occasions. I couldn't believe that people were setting up stalls with big signs openly selling Ganja. The police didn't seem to mind.

I think Glastonbury has been a rite of passage for many years now, wish I had gone when I was younger.

spigot

Been watching some, most of it is crap.
Springsteen & The Stones were great.
I always enjoy watching Florence, she always looks as though she’s stepped straight out of a Pre-Raphaelite painting.
Beyoncé gave her money’s worth, more like watching a gymnastic display, got quite exhausted just watching!
Might be worth tuning in today, Neil Diamond, Brian Wilson, Lionel Richie, Dolly Parton, Kylie Minogue, David Bowie & Burly Chassis.
The rest is a load of Mary J Bilge!

NeilyG

Been watching some, most of it is crap.
Springsteen & The Stones were great.
I always enjoy watching Florence, she always looks as though she’s stepped straight out of a Pre-Raphaelite painting.
Beyoncé gave her money’s worth, more like watching a gymnastic display, got quite exhausted just watching!
Might be worth tuning in today, Neil Diamond, Brian Wilson, Lionel Richie, Dolly Parton, Kylie Minogue, David Bowie & Burly Chassis.
The rest is a load of Mary J Bilge!
Guess you think Robert Plant is MJB - or merely an oversight?

Wooie1958

I've delivered benches to Glastonbury twice and had to arrive the day before the event started. I had to be towed out by a tractor on both occasions. I couldn't believe that people were setting up stalls with big signs openly selling Ganja. The police didn't seem to mind.

I think Glastonbury has been a rite of passage for many years now, wish I had gone when I was younger.
Many years back we visited Glastonbury Tor and parked ( tow car ) in the back road that has the small layby and way up ( steep and narrow ).

It was ridiculously hot and then when we drove down into Glastonbury as we entered the town there was a bloke openly drying cannabis on the footpath.

Couldn`t believe it because around here were i live he`d have been mugged within a minute or two trying to do that.

spigot

I’ve only just noticed that Amy Winehouse is on BBC4 at 9.30pm today, it’s from the festival in 2007 when she appeared twice in one day.