Getting our new motorhome tomorrow!

• Thread starter Deleted member 83554
  • Start date
We kept going and sitting in ours on the driveway. Had the neighbours over for champagne and nibbles.

Don't forget to take the manuals away with you, as you will forget all the instructions you were given!

Enjoy your new home ,can I advise you to not go too far away get to a nice weesite a set everything up and get yourselves familiar with the operation and switches etc ,it then gives you confidence when you attack the big bad world oot there that all watch when you draw up expecting you to have hassle! Great to put the fingers up ( in the nicest possible manner) of course 😀👍

Don't get in a rush when you pick it up have everything demonstrated as working before you hand over your hard earned much easier to get them to put something right while you still got that in your pocket
We spent the first 2 days with ours on our drive went out for a drive then came back never went inside the house for those 2 days but everything was handy in case we had a problem

We picked our new motorhome up a week ago from Highbridge Caravans in Somerset. We are now in Brompton on Swale Yorkshire on an £8 p/n campsite. We love our new Compass Avantguarde 115 just the right size. We hope you enjoy your new motorhome you must be really excited today.

Do enjoy. When I bought mine the dealer put us up on the local site for two days so we could check everything out and if necessary return. There were some snags, not unexpected, but sorted as a priority. After four days we left, having become very well acquainted with the local area, bus routes etc. whilst they worked on it, even robbed another new one for parts to get ours just-so. This was their standard service. Just as well because returning later would be a 300 mile return trip.

When I visit people they are used to me declining the spare bedroom, preferring to sleep on the drive in my cosy familiar camper, everyone having their own space and privacy.

Hi .
Welcome to one of the most helpful sited you will find.I really hope you enjoy your new van ,many years when we got a new one we spent time in it in the garden including sleeping in it as it is annoying to travel to a parking spot only to find something won’t work.My only other suggestion is to use it as much as possible as you wake up one day and discover you are getting old and have spent to much time working and not enough enjoying yourself.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back