getting a bit bloody close !

Re: NZ

I spoke to my sis today. She lives Christchurch. She said they have 5 cases and they're all in Aukland.

The towns in Lombardy that have been put on lockdown because of the coronavirus are very close to where my niece and her three children live,
San colombano al lambro.

Its an area that we have regularly visited over the past 20 years.

The nearest infected towns are 8 - 10 miles away so fingers crossed. If anyone had Lombardy in their short term travel plans,
best give it a miss and take the scenic route to Scunthorpe instead.

Dezi
Same here!! I live in England but have lots of cousins, nieces and nephews who live in Lombardy. We have visited them in our campervan many times over the years and we hope to see them again once this epidemic is all over. So don't despair, it will end, hopefully, by June/July this year and you will be able to visit beautiful Italy once more. Ciao!

Reactions: R0B
Same here!! I live in England but have lots of cousins, nieces and nephews who live in Lombardy. We have visited them in our campervan many times over the years and we hope to see them again once this epidemic is all over. So don't despair, it will end, hopefully, by June/July this year and you will be able to visit beautiful Italy once more. Ciao!

We were due to go at the beginning of May, when my Americanbrotherinlaw was due to fly in to Milan
from Miami so that we could have the regular family gathering.

The celebrations, booze up, will now just be a bit later than planned, but no less enjoyable.

Dezi

If you aint got it you may then get it next year as it will still be out there somewhere.

If you aint got it you may then get it next year as it will still be out there somewhere.
Theres no proof yet that it will go away or that we will build up a immunity as for hot weather killing it off how come Australia got it it summer there now. Our only hope is a vaccination but that could take years before we get that

Compulsary snip after one child. :eek:

Did that after one of each. Even as a teenager I could do sums and see the inevitable trajectory of people continuing to have large families. Turns out now a generation later both kids are long married and neither have wanted to add to the existing overpopulation by having kids themselves...getting too late too change their minds now. No grandchildren for us, sad in some ways, but probably the planet is better for it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back