Gas question

Chris Wise at Alugas is just about the UK’s leading expert on vehicle lpg installs Trev, is that who you spoke to?

Anyone know if I can use a Gasit bottle and a Gaslow bottle together?

Years ago I had a 6kg Gaslow bottle fitted in the small gas locker in my van, as we cook a lot we soon realised this was inadequate.
I then had the idea of installing an underslung tank to work in conjunction with the Gaslow bottle, Gaslow said no ( they would, wouldn't they!).
Spoke to Chris Wise, he said no probs but when he looked under my small van, no room to fit a tank.
But Chris likes a challenge & eventually after redirecting the exhaust & fitting heat shields he managed to fit a 20ltr tank.
I now have adequate gas for our needs, when the tank runs out I simply switch over to the Gaslow bottle which will give me about 2 weeks to top up.
Also as in Nabsim's excellent photo, I have that connecting hose from a spare bottle to the exterior filler point which I use in Spain as bottled gas is half price, it doesn't carry road tax.
I always use this in Morocco where gas is unbelievably cheap, about 12p per litre!

Two holes, if refillable aren’t they four hole like the Gaslow and Gasit Plus? In any event with a two bottle system you get gas in both bottles. Why is this different? That’s a genuine question not trying to argue, I can’t see why it would be any different.
By two holes I meant one for gas in and another for gas out.
I accept that R67 etc have other tappings for the gauge and ?relief valve? but in terms of gas movement they're not relevant.
My aim was simplification to consider the effective layout - sorry if I caused confusion.
Since then I've posted that Trevskoda"s unusual solution of only connecting one reservoir to the filler and drawing off from another will be a really neat efficient system.
Looking forward to hearing how successful it is in due course.

Last edited:
Chris Wise at Alugas is just about the UK’s leading expert on vehicle lpg installs Trev, is that who you spoke to?
It was either gasit or gas low,cannot remember but i know in my head it will work,top allugas will fill with a gas head & bottom will fill with gas to but have a flued take of at bottom which will refill top allugas bottle,there is a tap if i wish to turn of bottom tank after filing both up,this will be the reserve so when top gas tank is empty i just open valve on bottom and draw from both,bit like a reserve tap on a motorbike tank.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back