Full timing in this new lockdown

barlicker

Free Member
Can anyone answer the question of travelling with your camper and moving around during this lockdown nightmare.

It`s answered on GOV.UK

In particular .....................

From tomorrow, people will only be allowed to leave their homes for the following reasons:

• shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person.
  • go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home.
  • exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
  • meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one.
  • seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse).
  • attend education or childcare - for those eligible.

Last edited:
Not stopped people doing as they wish here, no one is policing it or cannot. :mad:
Wifes folks phoned us last night, man next door cannot be lept out of there house, gran does not understand and many older folk dont.

I seem to remember during the first full lockdown full timers had a fair few issues. The thing to do I reckon would be to find a friendly farmer CL and see if you can do a long term pitch, preferably with hookup this time of year of course. I presume the OP is already full timing, if not then I reckon the advice would be to not do it yet.

Can anyone answer the question of travelling with your camper and moving around during this lockdown nightmare.
Even for full timers only essential travel for necessities is permitted. Whether you return to the same parking spot is quite debatable though for several reasons. Finding services is likely to be the biggest problem during lockdown.
We've been lucky enough to be parked on friends field for 2 months now and won't be moving anywhere until restrictions ease again as we like it here and have services.

I am sure Annie is right. The government wants you to find a place and stay put. If there are problems find another place and have paperwork to show and you should have a response to anyone checking on you moving. As long as you are going directly there what more can you do?
Moving home if you have no choice is essential travel in anyone's books.

Last edited:
tsadfficultne.....mnoo ah ken it's nae Scots! But whit is it Annie?? ,🤣😂🤣

It is very similar to "tnetennba" which is a word whose function is purely to attract traffic to a website.
Whereas "tsadfficultne" is a word whose function is purely to attract traffic to a poster's posting.

(If you are not an 'IT Crowd' fan please google "tnetennba" for more detail.

Full timing in lockdown no fun I suppose if you gave the area your in someone may help ? Have you tried campsites as some are helping out full timers, but still charging I am sure :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back