Fuel additives

RoaminRog

I know that the subject of fuel additives has been discussed on here years ago, but I wonder if anyone has any first hand experience, positive or negative, of using Hydra Maximus.

I’m thinking ahead to the trip to Portugal, it would be a good opportunity to compare fuel consumption before using Hydra and after. If I can improve on 25mpg, I would be very happy.

Yes 25 mpg is not good !
we average 29 and sometimes more.
Quite happy with that
3500 kg low profile 2.5 Renault Dci 6 forward gears 6.5 m long
Usually 50 to 55 mph no towing.

Yes 25 mpg is not good !
we average 29 and sometimes more.
Quite happy with that
3500 kg low profile 2.5 Renault Dci 6 forward gears 6.5 m long
Usually 50 to 55 mph no towing.
I noticed that we had the same base vehicle when we were at Kelso together except that mine is 3800kg and we often tow the car.
Fully loaded, I can expect 25mpg but only 23mpg when towing.
I like the sound of this Hydra product so if I can’t get any first hand knowledge, I think I will buy some, use it on the trip to Portugal, and see if it does what it says on the label.

I know that the subject of fuel additives has been discussed on here years ago, but I wonder if anyone has any first hand experience, positive or negative, of using Hydra Maximus.
my advice my experience from 2016 is would not use any fuel additives at all no matter how good they say they are? only put diesel in the tank because in 2016 7 days be for mot test i put fuel additive in diesel tank then 2 days later my diesel fuel pump was leeking diesel very lucky for me i fitted new oil seal was easy to get to cost £3.00 one seal and the fuel pump did not have to come off the engine block was very lucky and up to now 24/01/2022 no more leeks of diesel 7 years later it could have cost 100s of pounds just for £7.99 fuel additive thats my experience and no fuel additives just diesel in tank

I have been doing some research into Hydra International. They are a British company, based in Milton Keynes, and have been operating for 25 years. Their product reviews are very encouraging, so I think I may give it a try, and form my own opinion.
When we get back from Portugal, I will post my findings.

A friend of mine regularly uses an additive as opposed to buying premium fuel in his Burstner Elegance. I can get some details and let you know.

I have been doing some research into Hydra International. They are a British company, based in Milton Keynes, and have been operating for 25 years. Their product reviews are very encouraging, so I think I may give it a try, and form my own opinion.
When we get back from Portugal, I will post my findings.
If you don't have all the test equipment how are you going to do a proper scientific test, or is it just gestamoligy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back