Fridge not working from engine

little suggestion to pick up on your points above ....
Get a Themometer like this one - https://amzn.to/347XWkf. It will record the temp constantly for upto 2 weeks for you to view on your phone. Means you can check the fridge is working properly (so prevents food not warming up and then cooling down without you realising - good food safety); Also means you can check the temp without having to open the door (helps prevent warming up when door opens - it is remarkable how much 'cool' is lost when the door is opened); You can also set an alarm if it goes above or below your target temps.
Excellent unit for little money.
Great bit of kit David got it set up yesterday, what a bargain at £10.99. I can now check my fridge from my house when I turn it in before a trip instead of having to go in and open the door. Thanks.(y)

I have same problem on 12v seems its pretty common problem..

Ours had an issue a couple of times when the fridge was around 2 years old. It would defrost without warnings (no error messages) while on site so running off ~220v. I tried changing to gas, the fridge did every thing you would expect but not cool. The cure was to turn it off and allow the heat exchanger to cool for an hour, then it would cool and freeze as expected.

We were wintering in Portugal so not overly hot conditions. 5 other vans on the rally had the same fridge with the same problems and all only required switching off for an hour.

We haven't had issues while the engine is running yet. I have wired our so the element current doesn't pass through the Nordelettronica box as I saw this as a weakness.

Well, they delivered the van back to me yesterday with brand new fridge. They tested it on 12v for 24hours, performed ok. But the proof will only be in the pudding after we set off and having it running from on board charging / battery system…hope it works, we’re off to Italy in a few days. Fingers crossed…looking forward to Italian Ice Cream!

Buy quality blade fuses too. The flea bay Chinese ones, blade thickness varies and doesn’t make good contact and results in fuse getting hot and melting as your picture depicts 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back