Fridge fuse holder replacement

antiqueman

Hi all I wish to replace the fuse holder in the engine compartment for the 12 volt supply to the fridge which has a tendancy to melt fuses, I believe it should have a 20 amp fuse, cany anyone recomend a fuse holder please.

1998 swift kontiki.

Sorry but I am confused by your post.
The fuse holder merely holds the fuse, it should have nothing to do with fuses being blown.
If the fuse breaks that normally indicates stress due to either a problem with the circuit, or the wrong fuse rating being used.
But if a fuse melts that suggests either a case of low insulation (short circuit), normally within the fridge, or a wiring defect.
With fridges this can be caused by water due to evaporation finding itself within the circuitry of the fridge.
I doubt that replacing the holder will solve your problem, from what you have posted.

Thanks fisherman, the fuse holder is a manky mess so does need replacing before I check for any other problems, the fuses do not blow

Maxi fuse

Crappy fuse holders can melt at higher current, not necessarily any fault.

I have used ex commercial fuse board carriers and cartridge fuses, maybe a friendly electrician might have something that you could use ?

better get one like this for the bigger blade fuses,you're more likely to find one of those when you need one , than the minis
well done I had not seen they were mini's but cannot see your link unfortunately

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back