French Welcome Waiting

Turkey's official Tourist website encourage it, basically says that campsites are ok but get your ass out into our forests and beaches cos there're great. Even states 'Turkey invites you to take a wildcamping trip' 😮

Routeplanner reckons Calais to Cadiz is 20 hrs of driving, but Instanbul is only just shy of 30 hrs of driving and then it's a 90 day visa for us Brits and these guys want us! Really looking forward to going there

Last edited:
Turkey's official Tourist website encourage it, basically says that campsites are ok but get your ass out into our forests and beaches cos there're great. Even states 'Turkey invites you to take a wildcamping trip' 😮

Routeplanner reckons Calais to Instanbul just shy of 30 hrs of driving and then it's a 90 day visa for us Brits, Cadiz is 20 hrs but these guys want us! Really looking forward to going there

I'm ready :)

Routeplanner reckons Calais to Instanbul just shy of 30 hrs of driving and then it's a 90 day visa for us Brits, Cadiz is 20 hrs but these guys want us! Really looking forward to going there

When you see how welcome Chris and Marianne (Tread the Globe), have been made in the eighteen months they’ve been there, perhaps it makes sense to consider the trip.
Marocco, Turkey??? Mmm dunno 🤷‍♂️

When you see how welcome Chris and Marianne (Tread the Globe), have been made in the eighteen months they’ve been there, perhaps it makes sense to consider the trip.
Marocco, Turkey??? Mmm dunno 🤷‍♂️
I think safety/theft has to be more of a consideration in both those destinations than we are use to but like here it's a case of gut instinct. There is a youtube vid where a couple were woken up by Turkish police (uh oh)................to then have it explained to them by the police that they were a little concerned about their safety due to the spot they had chosen and to please follow them to a safer place which they did. Police were very welcoming and polite.

I think safety/theft has to be more of a consideration in both those destinations than we are use to but like here it's a case of gut instinct.
I remember Simon Reeve showed large unofficial migrant camps in Turkey hidden in the woods so best to avoid those areas. But didn't cluney gap years spend lock down in Turkey

We did a trip to Turkey in the motorhome back in 2012, one of the best trips we have made. The Turks are incredible hospitable people and we had some of the easiest wild camping we've ever done.
I think it will get very popular now with motorhomers as a haven from the 90/180 EU limit, we only saw 2 other vans there on our trip.

Pete

Due to the increase in the Delta variant in France, the government are meeting on Monday to discuss if any new restrictions may need to be introduced. These could include border restrictions. I would wait till Tuesday to see what happens.
Ah well if wishes was horses beggars could ride

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back