France Passion. (Free vineyard parking)

It is not really free...
Same as pub stops in Uk.
You are expected to spend money (perfectly reasonable)
We stayed at one near Bordeaux and it was fine.

What do they say...
"There is no such thing as a free lunch" !
But many aires are indeed free !

It is not really free...
Same as pub stops in Uk.
You are expected to spend money (perfectly reasonable)
We stayed at one near Bordeaux and it was fine.

What do they say...
"There is no such thing as a free lunch" !
But many aires are indeed free !
I was only trying to give a short description of the theme 😕

People can make their own mind up about suitability, I wasn't aware of it and I like the idea so shared it

Last edited:
Stayed on some lovely vineyards and have learned a lot about how they run and make the wine, the owners can be very proud of their products. We always purchase something, sometimes a token purchase and sometimes a big purchase as the prices for good wines can be amazingly low. Look upon France Passione as another tool in the box when touring to a new area.

Our priorities are as follows:
wild camp spot
aires
France Passion
Campsite

Oh to be back in France with the freedom of choice and welcome attitude to motorhomes..........

used the scheme many times incidentally it was the inspiration for the britstop scheme here & much like britstops hosts & stopovers vary immensely had an ancient old lady in a pinny ask if we wanted electricity about 20 mins later passed an extension out of a window no charge have got up in the morning to a bag of fresh veg on the step and once invited to a wine tasting in the evening 8 guests spread of cold meats laid out wine sold by the litre €2 in a plastic bottle but brill turned out to be some party lol

This is a favourite of ours.

We used this stopover then discovered it was part of the France Passion network. Nobody bothered with us apart from a few drinks and a bit to eat with a Dutch couple who were parked up a few metres away. They, like us, failed to track down anyone to try or buy some wine. Very handy stopover though being within a couple of miles of the N10.

France Passion is €30 = €8 delivery this year.

Cheers

H

Last edited:
We use France passion as and when it suits. We have had some very pleasant nights on vineyards and farms etc. It does, in my opinion, have 2 drawbacks. The first, unlike Aires, is that you need to arrive by a set time (dictated by each provider) usually a bit early for our style of overnighting. The second being that being farms, vineyards etc, they tend to be rural, so less likelihood of walking into a village etc. On balance though, they are a great concept and we happily accept the minor issues which are outweighed by the positives.

I came across this system.

https://www.homecamper.com/

it is roughly speaking, similar to the CL/CS system run by the clubs. However, this scheme does not appear to have links to a club. It obviously has some sort of commercial linkage, since you book and pay for a night. I have not had the opportunity to use it due to current restrictions on travel, but it sounds fascinating. Some of the hosts allow the use of their family washing machines, toilets and showers! I have it book marked and look forward to giving it a try in due course.

Davy

We use France passion as and when it suits. We have had some very pleasant nights on vineyards and farms etc. It does, in my opinion, have 2 drawbacks. The first, unlike Aires, is that you need to arrive by a set time (dictated by each provider) usually a bit early for our style of overnighting. The second being that being farms, vineyards etc, they tend to be rural, so less likelihood of walking into a village etc. On balance though, they are a great concept and we happily accept the minor issues which are outweighed by the positives.

I came across this system.

https://www.homecamper.com/

it is roughly speaking, similar to the CL/CS system run by the clubs. However, this scheme does not appear to have links to a club. It obviously has some sort of commercial linkage, since you book and pay for a night. I have not had the opportunity to use it due to current restrictions on travel, but it sounds fascinating. Some of the hosts allow the use of their family washing machines, toilets and showers! I have it book marked and look forward to giving it a try in due course.

Davy
Just took a look and signed up to Homecamper. It looks like a sort of AirBnB for camping. As with all these thing you need to read between the lines of the descriptions but another useful tool in the box. Just reading some of the descriptions has done little to lift the spirits under the present circumstances, in fact it has raised my frustration level from black to black special.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back