Forum changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the days of arguing the toss with each other over Brexit are long gone.

You may think that....

However there are some on here that would have an argument in an empty room.

And they will just turn anything political into a, bun fight.

Phils made his decision....
I really don't understand why some on here persist in trying to tell him how to run HIS forum.

You may think that....

However there are some on here that would have an argument in an empty room.

And they will just turn anything political into a, bun fight.

Phils made his decision....
I really don't understand why some on here persist in trying to tell him how to run HIS forum.

And you may think that.
That is your opinion.

Banning politics is in my honest opinion unrealistic and will lead to disharmony on here. I am not trying to tell Phil how to run HIS forum. That’s for Phil to do.
But trying to ban something that is immersed in everything we do may be counterproductive and create the very divisions and arguments that these rules seek to avoid.

Current affairs imho needs re instating with little moderation bar personal attacks and anything that is illegal or brings the site in contempt

People are aware before entry to expect robust debate so no need to proceed if it possibly offends

Equally I find censorship offensive I would far rather try snd fathom out people’s reasoning and often won’t agree but have been known to change horsesin the past as a result of reasoned debate

Spot on.
Therein lies the problem there is rumour Kent and the port of Dover will have a different status that will impact on a lot of people here if the decision reaches fruition , the problem arises when posters use the situation to berate a particular party has as happened With covid

Everything seems entwined with politics ,that affects us I don’t envy you , but we must continue where we can to be objective the site has thrived on that

And spot on again.

Politics controls everything we do from the air we breath to walking the dog.

I always rated wildcamping as the original and best, all inclusive regardless of age, sex, politics, race or religion.
Or the size, age or value of your van.

Where there was a fair share of eccentrics and nutters, as well as ragged trousered philanthropists (middle word changed to try and avoid ban) and some very likeable toffs and posh boys & girls as well as council estate rough geezers & gals and every imaginable flavour in between.

For those more risqué, life-on-the edge types, for whom swearing, a bit of political debate and a huge amount of good humour is accepted as part of the mix.

Not staid and middle-of-the-road, or boring, or preferring not to associate with anyone considered not to be in the same 'class'.
Folk who are not too bothered about convention, or what anyone thinks about them or their vans or any self-perceived 'status' in life.

I'd always though there were other sites out there for the latter - and I include motorhomer in the list; if you want serious, non-political, non-sweary, non-banter 100% gentile (nothing to offend the ladies and gents)...

Maybe this site is just becoming a dinosaur in the uncertain and volcanic 2020 world we find ourselves living in? :unsure:
Or is it just the remaining regular posters (including me) who have become smelly old disruptive dinosaurs?
I certainly feel like an old fossil these days!

... and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs 😥

Ah well. As David Attenborough & Charles Darwin would attest; that's evolution for you.

I did follow the rules Phil .

Number 1 in your changes = Politics, religion, Covid-19 (except where it directly applies to motorhomes) and Brexit (except where it directly applies to motorhomes) will be banned topics.

My post directly applies to motorhomes.
It was specifically directed towards European bound Motorhomers who mayby effect by the recent changes.

It was not political insomuch as road tax, vehicle tax and MOTs are not political.

Although they all became law because of political edict as did the Kent situation.

Dezi
You posted a link to a website that required a paid subscription for people to be able to read the post. The article states “Police patrols will turn away lorries entering Kent without a special access pass to ease border chaos caused by a no-deal Brexit on January 1, the Government admitted for the first time on” no mention of motorhomes in the bit I could read without paying.

The whole truth is that this is ONLY for HGV trucks weighing more than 7.5t and has nothing to do with motorhomes and is just a political/Brexit post that was deleted.

If you have have a problem with me deleting your posts that break our rules in future then I suggest that you contact me directly and do not open a thread on the forum as this also breaks our rules. BTW neither of these rules are new and have been in our terms for more than a decade.

This thread is now closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back