For sale - Britain's First Motorhome

its fantastic , i bet its no damp either . and it wont lose its value .

problem with seat belts ?????????????????????????????.

love it

Considering what people are paying for classic motorcycles, £40000. seems a bargain to own and cherish a piece of history.I don't have that sort of money, but a sound investment I would think. £40k is new motorhome money really,

Channa

Sometimes you see something and think, I WANT THAT SO MUCH! I wouldn't be surprised if it went for a lot more than £40k.

Sometimes you see something and think, I WANT THAT SO MUCH! I wouldn't be surprised if it went for a lot more than £40k.

nigh on double it maybe .could even go back to america . hope we get to find out how much it fetches and where it goes .

Very nice :dance: although i`m very disappointed that it discharges it waste / grey water straight onto the ground ( pipe behind rear wheel drivers side ) :mad2:

Very nice :dance: although i`m very disappointed that it discharges it waste / grey water straight onto the ground ( pipe behind rear wheel drivers side ) :mad2:

bad for going round a roundabout in then ,especialy if there are any motorcycles behind

kindred spirits, I too would not be surprised to see it go through the roof on auction day...nice location hired to newly weds etc soon get 40 k back and no depreciation (I have my entrepreunerial head on this morning it seems) ...Opportunities aside to own a piece of history with provenance, something connected with our loved pastime would love it

Lets hope she stops in the UK and she is appreciated and loved for years to come.....on my part only about 39995 reasons starting with a £ sign I cant bid.

I think she is worth a lot more than £40000.

Channa

kindred spirits, I too would not be surprised to see it go through the roof on auction day...nice location hired to newly weds etc soon get 40 k back and no depreciation (I have my entrepreunerial head on this morning it seems) ...Opportunities aside to own a piece of history with provenance, something connected with our loved pastime would love it

Lets hope she stops in the UK and she is appreciated and loved for years to come.....on my part only about 39995 reasons starting with a £ sign I cant bid.

I think she is worth a lot more than £40000.

Channa
dont know about the newly weds ,dont they prefer a piss up in spain for a honey moon

but it needs using carefully of course , lets hope it dosent find its way into some motor museum just to sit there unused collecting dust
nothing sadder than seeing fantastic classic vehicles not being used carefully .

Phil admin bloke a bit of crowdfunding...lets do it ?? ...lets keep her in the uK enough talent on here to keep her in fine fettle if people are as good as they state they are ....5 year plan promotion then sell ...dividend pro rata to those who choose to invest ......another mad idea from ABC....

Forget reasons why we can't do it lets look at the reasons we can !!!...a notion that seems lost on many.

My enthusiasm based upon a £40k purchase price, I think on the day the publicity she is getting she will do between 75 and 90 K ...seperate thread for a bit of fun as to what she will achieve.?

I think her historical value , fantastic story and catalogued history,The old lady will walk the £40 k for fun....I am saying 75-90 k but wouldnt be surprised if she did 150 K I suspect nothing in sales to benchmark. When a Brough sells for£250k ....or a vincent Rapide sells for £40K ...NO WAY auction will this gem sell for £40 k

I know btw as a collective purchase and messy non starter so having a bit of fun ....lets see what she does

Who gives me £60 k bid to start with ?

Channa

You have £60k Channa.
2 shillings and 6d raise you ..by half a packet of cheddar biscuits...two rashes of bacon (I read elsewhere pork is a rising commodity) Never thought I could be a pork baron with two rashes of bacon eh ?

Channa

There is even a lavatory, although no plumbing, meaning wastage drops from the bottom of the vehicle.

I only looked in on the waste water thread right at beginning, but judging by number of replies this could start the longest thread ever. :lol-049:

Perhaps one of the big clubs could stop wasting money on concreting nice campsites and buy it?

Richard

i love these oldies,out of curiosity i googled vintage motorhomes and came across this site. 'a complete rv history' .some really nice,some strange ,i can imagine some were built by tradesmen more used to horsedrawn,all the best.jan

There is a booming busioess in people stopping in vardo caravans, and it ain't cheap. I think if she were located in North wales Snowdonia English Lakes etc you could market her easily.£40000 I couldn't buy the lease on a half decent restaurant for that money. certainly nothing with a unique selling proposition and the provenance.

An appreciating asset too , ticks all the boxes. Sadly my poverty prevents me yet my conscience would permit me (thanks Billy bobs love that line )

Business ideas aside she is a piece of living artwork , to enjoy and be appreciated. I love her story so far and be great to be part of the next chapter, alas the finances

Channa

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back