Fixed bed or not?

Fixed bed or no fixed bed?

• Fixed bed

Votes: 115 74.2%
  • No fixed bed

Votes: 40 25.8%

• Total voters
Fixed, as long as it isn’t one with a corner cut off!
Our last two vans had fixed beds, our current van has a U shaped lounge that makes up into a large double and although it is extremely comfortable, it’s a pain to make up every night.
Our next van will have a fixed bed, or at least an easy to enter with plenty of headroom, over cab bed.

itwasnt simple enough for zombie to understand you must remember his brain has gone not a great loss to him lol

itwasnt simple enough for zombie to understand you must remember his brain has gone not a great loss to him lol

I didn’t have enough Coffee Hip, Something I immediately Rectified, EVEN if I DID have to make it Myself,,,Oh well I suppose I should actually Get Up now then !.

when igo and se marie i alway get coffee made for me and if istoip the night geet flask of coffe and eletric for the heater lol

Well, you're always welcome any time OH.

NZ could call round too, but if his rig's longer that 25 feet he won't be able to park it on the drive :(

My old merc was 24 feet and JUST fit on without poking nose onto pavement.

Still got the evidence of the length where Neil reversed her in one day, misjudged it and managed to put a dent in the garage door with the tow plate on the back.

:mad1: :lol-053:

Yep fixed for us, had enough of making up beds and taking down in caravan, we ended up leaving bed up and living in the awning. Much prefer being able to just go to bed whenever you want and all you have to do is get on it :)

Well Im gobsmacked at the results. Worra bunch of lazy buggers you all are! Whats wrong with staggering around at 1am after too much beer trying to not let the slats fall down the gap where they can never be retrieved until you are sober and then getting entangled in a bed sheet and duvet as you drunkenly try and fit it down each corner before giving up and passing out in a heap in the middle bit in some kind of mangled Duvet and half made up bed pie?

You are forgetting what camping is all about.

I guess I shouldnt be surprised as you can count the number of rear lounge motorhomes on an Aire on one hand usually and most continental vans have fixed beds.

I think the rear lounge set up makes lots of sense.. Choice of big seating area, two single beds, which barring bedding are made up, and option of double bed.

Ok, you do lose the huge rear garage area, and thats the main reason a lot of MH's are overloaded at the rear.

Oh, and if your bed takes mote than a minute to set up, it's badly designed. :p :)

We only use the bed for less than ⅓ of the day.
It seems a waste to have a dedicated fixed bedroom and makes having a bigger MH a must.
So much difficulty in parking, exploring and going off at a whim.
Our bedding packs away, like a parachute. It takes 90 seconds, drunk, to set up the king size bed... 2 min when sober.

think the best answer is a drop down bed press button bed drops down ready made just put on pj befopre you drop the bed otherwise there isnt a lot of room to get pj s on

Fixed bed for me.

In our current van we have to make the bed up every night, and it’s beginning to get a bit tedious. We are now looking to upgrade our van and have seen a few 6m A class vans with a drop down bed that seems to fit all our requirements, bed tucks away during the day, and drops down at night and is ready made with little fuss. Also washroom and shower aren’t compromised giving the best of both worlds. A class appear a bit more expensive but as we are now retired and intend to spend quite some time touring Europe it seems worth it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back