Fitting Solar Panels To Autotrail

• Thread starter Deleted member 27107
  • Start date

Deleted member 27107

Planning fitting solar panels to the roof of our Autotrail but i am led to believe it is a floating roof?
How is best to fit them?
Has anyone got experience fitting them to a Autotrail?
Thanks
Nic

I’ve got an Autotrail (Chieftain),
Aluminium Walls going up to Moulded Plastic / Fibreglass Upstands That then join on to the Aluminium Roof.
F5CE1F71-7AF7-489D-A0F2-E7CECD70A597.jpeg

I have a Dakota with two panels fitted.

No problem at all. Just be very careful where you drill through because of internal cable routing.

I have a Dakota with two panels fitted.

No problem at all. Just be very careful where you drill through because of internal cable routing.
Hi
Did you bond the panel mountings to roof or bolt them?

We have a 2015 Apache, fixed the panel with sikaflex then I drilled the hole so it went though to the back of the wardrobe and down to the sergeant so no wires showing when I lifted the sergeant out I found a solar controller just hanging there unused, contacted Autotrail and they said it was fine to use, no probs all worked fine.

Hi Nic
I fitted solar panels (4) to my 2007 Apache using Sikaflex and Panel corner mounts. I didn’t use any screws at all. I was scared of drilling roof in wrong place so cable from panels goes down side of van ( hidden behind self adhesive conduit) and through a window (the rubber seal at bottom of window has enough give). This has all been in place for 6-7 yrs and no issues with glue or leaks where cable goes up through lower seal of window
Cheers
Dave

Hi Nic
I fitted solar panels (4) to my 2007 Apache using Sikaflex and Panel corner mounts. I didn’t use any screws at all. I was scared of drilling roof in wrong place so cable from panels goes down side of van ( hidden behind self adhesive conduit) and through a window (the rubber seal at bottom of window has enough give). This has all been in place for 6-7 yrs and no issues with glue or leaks where cable goes up through lower seal of window
Cheers
Dave
Use a deck gland for cables,place in under panel out of sight.
deck g a.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back