Fitting an external shower .

Scotia

Has anyone fitted an external shower point to a Burstner 747. I have cold and hot dump valves in the garage area with two tail ends. I have not tried to see if they allow straight through flow as yet when the two levers are in the down position ( up position to drain the system) but looks like an obvious pont to tap into. ( no pun intended) I shall also have to use a rocker switch to switch the pump on when in use.
20200110_124230.jpg

Ours was factory fitted in our previous van.

Our little westie loved being washed clean by the pre-mixed warm water from the trigger operated exterior tap.

It didn't need a rocker switch, as whilst the system was always under pressure, the water was held back by the exterior wall fitting, and was only activated by the hose being pressed in and releasing its valve.

This is a Bullfinch mixer which does not have a micro switch fitted. I spoke to someone a while ago and they suggested taking it off the internal shower or one of the sinks. But looking at the dump valve it seems the obvious point.

My water system is not a pressure system, sounds like yours is.

Last edited:
I have often wondered how on earth one stands outside in the noddy to shower. :unsure:or where the water goes with all that soapy bubbles.😂

Bugger ye all i did it myself.😀 Fitted the external bbq point waiting on Nigel the plumber to make final connection and pressure test. Also plumbed in the external shower point but needing to wire in a switch to operate the pump. Sam
20200323_135607.jpg

I used to be into competitive off road driving, a sport in which you get very dirty. One of my good friends (and sworn enemy on the course) turned up with a new external shower fitted on his motorhome. His wife had suggested they get one for use after swimming in the Med. When we returned from a particularly muddy days fun she made him strip to his trolleys and take a shower outside before he entered the van. It was the middle of November and they hadn't put the water heater on that morning !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back