First of all, not political, Our First Minister....

Tonybvi

As far as I can see the suggested “short distance” from home (ie within the local community) is 5 miles for leisure pursuits and exercise. However not clear if this is by road or as the crow flies and it is only “advised“. But I can find no distance for meeting another household unless this is classed as leisure pursuits. Can I travel to Penicuik from Aberdeenshire to sit in my daughters garden?
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

2cv

Don’t know if it’s worth taxing your van Terry. I’ve studied the 46 page document and their description for stage 1 says local travel only for exercise or leisure, by walking, cycle or wheel (whatever that means). The whole thing (as may be expected) Is a total shambles, compounded by the fact that the guide they’ve issued contradicts their own document in places. Even in stage 2, at least a month from now, a motorhome would serve no purpose even as a picnic vehicle.

runnach

I gleaned through it yesterday Bill, I’ll give it closer scrutiny over the weekend. While health of the nation is priority, beggars belief that while some off us abide by the rules, there are those on furlough being paid to head to the beach with impunity 🤬

Fisherman

Don’t know if it’s worth taxing your van Terry. I’ve studied the 46 page document and their description for stage 1 says local travel only for exercise or leisure, by walking, cycle or wheel (whatever that means). The whole thing (as may be expected) Is a total shambles, compounded by the fact that the guide they’ve issued contradicts their own document in places. Even in stage 2, at least a month from now, a motorhome would serve no purpose even as a picnic vehicle. Bill read the part about visiting friends or family from another household. I have friends all over Scotland :),no mention is made there of travel distance. I agree it’s open to misinterpretation, and abuse, and it makes policing just about impossible. But let’s see what happens next Thursday.

Fisherman

Well, well, our first minister stated that she did not want us to travel to great a distance to meet relatives or friends, because we would need to use their toilet, and she does not want us to enter the house. Well guess what we have in our Motorhomes.

runnach

Well, well, our first minister stated that she did not want us to travel to great a distance to meet relatives or friends, because we would need to use their toilet, and she does not want us to enter the house. Well guess what we have in our Motorhomes. Nicola? :giggle:

mariesnowgoose

I gleaned through it yesterday Bill, I’ll give it closer scrutiny over the weekend. While health of the nation is priority, beggars belief that while some off us abide by the rules, there are those on furlough being paid to head to the beach with impunity 🤬 Its a bit unfair to be having a go at those who are furloughed for heading to the beaches etc., whether that's in England or elsewhere. They can't be blamed for the situation and are taking advantage of the 'guidelines' as people do in any given situation. Don't know what else anyone would be expected to do really? If you need to take your frustration out on anybody then shout at the govt. in Westminster or Scotland for making up these open-ended rules, but not your fellow man who did not create this situation. We are all just trying to follow instructions issued by the powers that be as best we can, and the 'instructions' certainly leave quite a lot to be desired at times! 😕 I know I'm also frustrated at not being able to...

runnach

Its a bit unfair to be having a go at those who are furloughed for heading to the beaches etc., whether that's in England or elsewhere. They can't be blamed for the situation and are taking advantage of the 'guidelines' as people do in any given situation. Don't know what else anyone would be expected to do really? If you need to take your frustration out on anybody then shout at the govt. in Westminster or Scotland for making up these open-ended rules, but not your fellow man who did not create this situation. We are all just trying to follow instructions issued by the powers that be as best we can, and the 'instructions' certainly leave quite a lot to be desired at times! 😕 I know I'm also frustrated at not being able to use our MH which has hardly turned a wheel since we got it at the beginning of the year, but I can't say I blame anyone (neither am I jealous!) who is capable for getting out and about into the fresh air, as long as they are acting reasonably and within the...

Fisherman

I didn't create this either, Marie, yes it is unfair those furloughed are taking jollies to wherever with impunity, while others abide by the rules. How do you know they are furloughed runnach. Is their relaxed look, and smiling face :)

runnach

How do you know they are furloughed runnach. Is their relaxed look, and smiling face :) Yes, true, I'm sure they would be all at home abiding by the rules?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:171)

channa, TeamRienza, 2cv, Derekoak, Edina, mistericeman, Fazerloz, phase3begins, lands43, mark61, st3v3, Andysm, POI Admin, jeanette, Asterix, clarkpeacock, Alberto, s4x4c, sparrks, fiona68, r4dent, Fisherman, Wooie1958, Snapster, ian1950, DorsetDrifter, Mikael, davep10000, colinmd, Yelto, Clummzie, toasty, Robmac, witzend, AdriaTwin, maureenandtom, trevskoda, Geraldine, Makzine, maingate, alwaysared, n brown, yorkslass, mariesnowgoose, Obanboy666, trixie88, Tonybvi, rugbyken, izwozral, iampatman, Toffeecat, helen262, myvanwy, Clewsy, iandsm, Debroos, wildebus, Larnie, alcam, Scotia, hank, AllanD, Android, 955itriple, Martingrant, CavityandLacey, Jayg, Neckender, Mandoman, wints, ironman, tripper, 1807truckman, kensowerby, barge1914, Wully, Harrers, reiverlad, SimonM, bobj808, highlandron, Winger, mygrassisblue, korky, peecee, jerrycan, mofish, jagmanx, Allen, scampa, Chip, jacquigem, Dezi, vtwinner, mjvw, peter palance, SpiroPope, NeilyG, Biggarmac, Sharon the Cat, Victor, katv, Nidge, Haaamster, Tim120, londontavern, caledonia, antiquesam, tobym, V1nny, martinmartin, Nowego, davef, nutts, GeoffL, GWAYGWAY, Lionel, Amethyst, Bigshug, maxsdad, Minisorella, ajb70, Somerled, mrdon, Farman, Martin P, smg, Kizzy, Carrerasax, 5andy, daygoboy, MrKenny, eddyt, Budgie, RSD7a, dunfillin, tribute11, Ribble, GreggBear, Veloman, Jean, AllanB, campervanannie, sonic650, Justjack, vanmandan, Tezza33, britcoms, bartman, T25babble, The Jacks, John H, Jo001, Topmast, lthoel2, Blue Lady, yorkscol, countrycruisers, Hughendon, euro28, CliveW, Murgzie, Dethy, royh28, phillhend, tadpole58, mrs t, Loretta, kas, HurricaneSmith, charlie356,