First of all, not political, Our First Minister....

Farman

Yes that’s a problem there. Some parked up on the kerbstone on the grass verge. But I thought that was worse than using my levellers, because on my last van the fridge would not operate I used them instead. But when there last autumn we did not use the levellers and the fridge worked fine runnach. But if we go back I will try and do what you did and get permission to park in the boatyard carpark, and try out their menu. God knows when though.:( No overnight parking signs were up at the boatyard even before Kirkgate. I did try the menu last spring. Can't say I was impressed. I used to enjoy a night at Kinross but it's now plain to see we are not welcome to stay overnight..
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

runnach

No overnight parking signs were up at the boatyard even before Kirkgate. I did try the menu last spring. Can't say I was impressed. I used to enjoy a night at Kinross but it's now plain to see we are not welcome to stay overnight.. As mentioned previous post, not been for a while so no idea state of play, which is a shame, as we like to do a 360 degree cycle around the loch.

runnach

Well tomorrow looming, I predicted lockdown when Cheltenham Race festival finished (big money) and I was correct. I predict a riot if I can't legally drive a 50 mile radius and stop over with camper!! :giggle:

Alberto

Well tomorrow looming, I predicted lockdown when Cheltenham Race festival finished (big money) and I was correct. I predict a riot if I can't legally drive a 50 mile radius and stop over with camper!! :giggle: Can you up it to 60 miles, would get me down to Girvan. Al

runnach

Can you up it to 60 miles, would get me down to Girvan. Al I'll probably have to buy her dinner to eek that extra ten mile for you :giggle:

Alberto

I'll probably have to buy her dinner to eek that extra ten mile for you :giggle: Take her to the chip shop near the harbour :)

Alberto

Is that the Wee Hurrie? Don't know it's name, it is on the corner with sit in restaurant attached, just across from harbour. Al

peter palance

Don't know it's name, it is on the corner with sit in restaurant attached, just across from harbour. Al sounds good, oh no fish and you had you chips,p.s. and peas ok pj

runnach

Well, the FM Nicola has spoken. More freedom and I can go fishing, with my favorite fishing spot within a 50 mile radius, or if the Green Frog ponds are open, sound like a plan, hard not to fish without taking some form of transport (y) 🚣‍♂️

Fisherman

I have listened to the proposals for may 28, and it looks like we can drive anywhere in the country now. She states it’s ok to meet up with another household and spend time outside in a garden, but no mention of travel distance. She does mention the term “short distance“ for leisure pursuits. Whats short distance that has to be defined. But with regards to meeting friends outside, it appears that someone in Aberdeen would be free to drive to Gretna to do so. Opinions welcome, just my interpretation.

2cv

Far simpler on the point of using a vehicle to do as the UK government have done and say it can be used for any distance but that you must return home at night. This would save claiming to be going for a game of golf in Wick or to meet a relative in Aberdeen. Ridiculous that these would be lawful but to drive 5 miles to have lunch in a motorhome would not.

Alberto

I have listened to the proposals for may 28, and it looks like we can drive anywhere in the country now. She states it’s ok to meet up with another household and spend time outside in a garden, but no mention of travel distance. She does mention the term “short distance“ for leisure pursuits. Whats short distance that has to be defined. But with regards to meeting friends outside, it appears that someone in Aberdeen would be free to drive to Gretna to do so. Opinions welcome, just my interpretation. It is just vague enough that we can all interpret it to read what we want it to say:) Al

Last edited:

Fisherman

It is just vague enough that we can all interpret it to read what we want it to say:) Al Agreed Alberto, and sadly open to abuse. She may change the wording to be more specific prior to the 28 may, let’s wait and see.

2cv

She’s very touchy about the screw ups so far. A shame that our missing the right to the freedom people have in England is just a minor side effect. Link

Alberto

Well, the FM Nicola has spoken. More freedom and I can go fishing, with my favorite fishing spot within a 50 mile radius, or if the Green Frog ponds are open, sound like a plan, hard not to fish without taking some form of transport (y) 🚣‍♂️ Are you allowed to fish overnight - would need a motorhome as a base :cool:

runnach

Scroll down to download roadmap. https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-framework-decision-making-scotlands-route-map-through-out-crisis/ Handy time, as I'll tax MH from June, as it is SORNED.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:171)

channa, TeamRienza, 2cv, Derekoak, Edina, mistericeman, Fazerloz, phase3begins, lands43, mark61, st3v3, Andysm, POI Admin, jeanette, Asterix, clarkpeacock, Alberto, s4x4c, sparrks, fiona68, r4dent, Fisherman, Wooie1958, Snapster, ian1950, DorsetDrifter, Mikael, davep10000, colinmd, Yelto, Clummzie, toasty, Robmac, witzend, AdriaTwin, maureenandtom, trevskoda, Geraldine, Makzine, maingate, alwaysared, n brown, yorkslass, mariesnowgoose, Obanboy666, trixie88, Tonybvi, rugbyken, izwozral, iampatman, Toffeecat, helen262, myvanwy, Clewsy, iandsm, Debroos, wildebus, Larnie, alcam, Scotia, hank, AllanD, Android, 955itriple, Martingrant, CavityandLacey, Jayg, Neckender, Mandoman, wints, ironman, tripper, 1807truckman, kensowerby, barge1914, Wully, Harrers, reiverlad, SimonM, bobj808, highlandron, Winger, mygrassisblue, korky, peecee, jerrycan, mofish, jagmanx, Allen, scampa, Chip, jacquigem, Dezi, vtwinner, mjvw, peter palance, SpiroPope, NeilyG, Biggarmac, Sharon the Cat, Victor, katv, Nidge, Haaamster, Tim120, londontavern, caledonia, antiquesam, tobym, V1nny, martinmartin, Nowego, davef, nutts, GeoffL, GWAYGWAY, Lionel, Amethyst, Bigshug, maxsdad, Minisorella, ajb70, Somerled, mrdon, Farman, Martin P, smg, Kizzy, Carrerasax, 5andy, daygoboy, MrKenny, eddyt, Budgie, RSD7a, dunfillin, tribute11, Ribble, GreggBear, Veloman, Jean, AllanB, campervanannie, sonic650, Justjack, vanmandan, Tezza33, britcoms, bartman, T25babble, The Jacks, John H, Jo001, Topmast, lthoel2, Blue Lady, yorkscol, countrycruisers, Hughendon, euro28, CliveW, Murgzie, Dethy, royh28, phillhend, tadpole58, mrs t, Loretta, kas, HurricaneSmith, charlie356,