First of all, not political, Our First Minister....

peter palance

Exactly.
Last year we went to Kirkgate in Kinross.
A large carpark taking around 80-100 cars. We had been there three times before last years visit. The carpark is remotely located away from any housing. The biggest problem there is dog shit. The place is covered in dog shit, and nothing is done about it. We watched an Alsatian shitting next to the kids playground, with the owner casually looking on. Now if the landowner put up signs banning dogs, there would be a public outcry.
The carpark was a favourite stop over for those wishing to travel further north, and seemed popular with Europeans, who would turn up around 8pm and leave early next day. The largest number of vans I saw there was 6 one night, and we tended to park at the head of the carpark to try to keep away from the locals who used it. I don’t really know why we did this, but it felt right. Possibly therein lies the problem. Anyway we are no longer welcome there, they have no overnight parking signs up.
That last visit we left and went elsewhere. We returned next morning to an empty carpark, why did they in effect ban us. The dogs are still shitting at Kirkgate, and they had to put in speed bumps for the boy racers, they can all go there, but we are not welcome.
you are not paying, but the shitters go free. stands to reason, the so calls lost the heads, not just there, its a de-seas, no parking no money spent. ok.pj.

runnach

Exactly.
Last year we went to Kirkgate in Kinross.
A large carpark taking around 80-100 cars. We had been there three times before last years visit. The carpark is remotely located away from any housing. The biggest problem there is dog shit. The place is covered in dog shit, and nothing is done about it. We watched an Alsatian shitting next to the kids playground, with the owner casually looking on. Now if the landowner put up signs banning dogs, there would be a public outcry.
The carpark was a favourite stop over for those wishing to travel further north, and seemed popular with Europeans, who would turn up around 8pm and leave early next day. The largest number of vans I saw there was 6 one night, and we tended to park at the head of the carpark to try to keep away from the locals who used it. I don’t really know why we did this, but it felt right. Possibly therein lies the problem. Anyway we are no longer welcome there, they have no overnight parking signs up.
That last visit we left and went elsewhere. We returned next morning to an empty carpark, why did they in effect ban us. The dogs are still shitting at Kirkgate, and they had to put in speed bumps for the boy racers, they can all go there, but we are not welcome.
Been to Lochore and hopefully we will get back soon.
Great set up, we need more lochores.
Fife council are forward thinking regarding us, let’s hope other councils follow suit.
I;ve parked up near to the Boathouse, asked first of course, they said no problem and we had a great dinner in the boathouse, dog friendly too, although limited. This was a long time ago, no idea what the state of play is now???

Fisherman

I;ve parked up near to the Boathouse, asked first of course, they said no problem and we had a great dinner in the boathouse, dog friendly too, although limited. This was a long time ago, no idea what the state of play is now???
When we were there the boatyard was closed for winter, and the carpark was empty. We had planned a meal in a local restaurant, but had to cancel. We always bought from the local butchers, one of the best I have ever seen. And we always want to Baynes for coffee and cakes.

Took these photos on our last visit, look how empty the car park is.
1FAA5A53-8BAA-4398-BF7B-D9AE4AA56332.jpeg
0AD46375-49E9-4CD1-8630-67392519D7DC.jpeg

Last edited:

caledonia

I think once the lockdown is lifted wildcamping In a motorhome in Scotland will be a met with a lot more animosity from locals.

runnach

I think once the lockdown is lifted wildcamping In a motorhome in Scotland will be a met with a lot more animosity from locals.
I'm not sure Cale, place dependant, maybe there are those that will welcome us tourists within their area, I guess this will also depend on money being spent within their community?

A case of watch this space!!

runnach

When we were there the boatyard was closed for winter, and the carpark was empty. We had planned a meal in a local restaurant, but had to cancel. We always bought from the local butchers, one of the best I have ever seen. And we always want to Baynes for coffee and cakes.

Took these photos on our last visit, look how empty the car park is.
View attachment 81854View attachment 81857
We moved from Kirkgate due to the sloping nature of CP, I could have used my ramps, but not keen doing this in such a public area, hence the move to boatyard.

mariesnowgoose

Not just exclusively in Scotland, Cale, but nationwide in all the tourist spots.

The plain fact is that everybody is mega-twitchy right now because of the virus. We need to follow a pathway out of this and deal with a new way of living - and that will (must!) include tourism of all kinds, including mohos and campers whether they stay on sites or choose to wild.

I think your prognosis might be a little pessimistic. One true thing is that people have short memories.
Even if this crisis is a tad bigger than many others and way too early to be a 'memory', folk will be wanting/needing to make a living so the money will eventually overcome objections in the longer term.

Also, we are a long way from exiting lockdown at the moment so predictions are simply that - predictions.
A lot can happen between dawn and dusk, especially these days! 😳😂😁😉

runnach

Not just exclusively in Scotland, Cale, but nationwide in all the tourist spots.

The plain fact is that everybody is mega-twitchy right now because of the virus. We need to follow a pathway out of this and deal with a new way of living - and that will (must!) include tourism of all kinds, including mohos and campers whether they stay on sites or choose to wild.

I think your prognosis might be a little pessimistic. One true thing is that people have short memories.
Even if this crisis is a tad bigger than many others and way too early to be a 'memory', folk will be wanting/needing to make a living so the money will eventually overcome objections in the longer term.

Also, we are a long way from exiting lockdown at the moment so predictions are simply that - predictions.
Marie, are Dawn & Dusk related to Ant & Deck? :giggle:

Fisherman

We moved from Kirkgate due to the sloping nature of CP, I could have used my ramps, but not keen doing this in such a public area, hence the move to boatyard.
Yes that’s a problem there. Some parked up on the kerbstone on the grass verge.
But I thought that was worse than using my levellers, because on my last van the fridge would not operate I used them instead. But when there last autumn we did not use the levellers and the fridge worked fine runnach. But if we go back I will try and do what you did and get permission to park in the boatyard carpark, and try out their menu. God knows when though.:(

Fisherman

The big problem is you lot coming up here Marie, and that other mob from the EU.
if we were left alone we would have no problems up here.
Bye the way our celtic cousins from Wales and Ireland are ok, but not the Norman Anglo Saxons from down south.
Ah well cant wait to head for good old England next year, York, Bristol, Bath, Cornwall and Devon will just do us fine.
And that way we leave even more room up here for those left ;););):cool:

runnach

If the lady who's named after a fish gets her way you'll be out of the UK and in Europe so you'll need your passport, and don't expect to be allowed to linger.
As I mentioned in my first post, NOT a political post, lets keep it that way.............Cheers.

mariesnowgoose

As I mentioned in my first post, NOT a political post, lets keep it that way.............Cheers.
It's just banter, Terry, nobody's getting especially political or nasty here, just having a bit of a quiet laugh and poking fun at the expense of some absurdities about the way we live :)

runnach

It's just banter, Terry, nobody's getting especially political or nasty here, just having a bit of a quiet laugh and poking fun at the expense of some absurdities about the way we live :)
I can take banter, Marie, then sit back and watch thread growing political arms and legs, then BOOM, current affairs.

Reference my OP, fingers crossed we in Scotland are given more freedom, in our case, to use our Vehicles.

mariesnowgoose

I can take banter, Marie, then sit back and watch thread growing political arms and legs, then BOOM, current affairs.

Reference my OP, fingers crossed we in Scotland are given more freedom, in our case, to use our Vehicles.
Seems we can use them here in England, just not allowed to go somewhere then and stay in your camper overnight.

The rules will ease up eventually, we just need to be patient.

Everybody is still way too jumpy at the minute about all sorts of travelling around for anything other than work, whether it be by car, motorbike, public transport or camper vans.

peter palance

The big problem is you lot coming up here Marie, and that other mob from the EU.
if we were left alone we would have no problems up here.
Bye the way our celtic cousins from Wales and Ireland are ok, but not the Norman Anglo Saxons from down south.
Ah well cant wait to head for good old England next year, York, Bristol, Bath, Cornwall and Devon will just do us fine.
And that way we leave even more room up here for those left ;););):cool:
will you wave the flag. or or wait for it, the union flag. hope your ok. ok.pj.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:172)

channa, TeamRienza, 2cv, Derekoak, Edina, mistericeman, Fazerloz, phase3begins, lands43, mark61, st3v3, Andysm, POI Admin, jeanette, Asterix, clarkpeacock, Alberto, s4x4c, sparrks, fiona68, r4dent, Fisherman, Wooie1958, Snapster, ian1950, DorsetDrifter, Mikael, davep10000, colinmd, Yelto, Clummzie, toasty, Robmac, witzend, AdriaTwin, maureenandtom, trevskoda, Geraldine, Makzine, maingate, alwaysared, n brown, yorkslass, mariesnowgoose, Obanboy666, trixie88, Tonybvi, rugbyken, izwozral, iampatman, Toffeecat, helen262, myvanwy, Clewsy, iandsm, Debroos, wildebus, Larnie, alcam, Scotia, hank, AllanD, Android, 955itriple, Martingrant, CavityandLacey, Jayg, Neckender, Mandoman, wints, ironman, tripper, 1807truckman, kensowerby, barge1914, Wully, Harrers, reiverlad, SimonM, bobj808, highlandron, Winger, mygrassisblue, korky, peecee, jerrycan, mofish, jagmanx, Allen, scampa, Chip, jacquigem, Dezi, vtwinner, mjvw, peter palance, SpiroPope, NeilyG, Biggarmac, Sharon the Cat, Victor, katv, Nidge, Haaamster, Tim120, londontavern, caledonia, antiquesam, tobym, V1nny, martinmartin, Nowego, davef, nutts, GeoffL, GWAYGWAY, Lionel, Amethyst, Bigshug, maxsdad, Minisorella, ajb70, Somerled, mrdon, Farman, Martin P, smg, Kizzy, Carrerasax, 5andy, daygoboy, MrKenny, eddyt, Budgie, RSD7a, dunfillin, tribute11, Ribble, GreggBear, Veloman, Jean, AllanB, campervanannie, sonic650, Justjack, vanmandan, Tezza33, britcoms, bartman, T25babble, The Jacks, John H, Jo001, Topmast, lthoel2, Blue Lady, yorkscol, countrycruisers, Hughendon, euro28, CliveW, Murgzie, Dethy, royh28, phillhend, tadpole58, mrs t, Loretta, kas, HurricaneSmith, charlie356, Freechords,