First of all, not political, Our First Minister....

runnach

Nicola Sturgeon to outline an easing of restrictions this Thursday, Let us hope there will be something in there that will allow us out with our vehicles for overnight stops, even a 50 mile radius of vehicle registered address would be huge bonus! Fingers crossed
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

runnach

If only. I was thinking, along with hoping, that because England with a population of 56 million, and Scotland, population 5.5 million, also second largest after England, that due to our much lesser population, way may get more lateral movement and freedom come Thursday???

runnach

Think her worry will be hordes of non Scottish based people heading north Which is always going to be a problem with this CV19 pandemic, not easy to police, but with say a 50 mile radius of vehicles registered address, also easy for police to check with their onboard vehicle computer system, is possibly one approach? In fact right now, I would settle for a overnight jolly doon the road at North Berwick!!

witzend

Trouble is you'll get Idiots like This https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08d819k?fbclid=IwAR12_rujZcHu4UFym0S2gvaOFUvWsbvxtgRlzxTAie_msibDFXi02cvRbJo Coming up to Scotland also a Van from Merther tidval involved in a serious accident we could do with a limit to distance but ain't got one

Last edited:

Alberto

Which is always going to be a problem with this CV19 pandemic, not easy to police, but with say a 50 mile radius of vehicles registered address, also easy for police to check with their onboard vehicle computer system, is possibly one approach? In fact right now, I would settle for a overnight jolly doon the road at North Berwick!! We could all swap plates and go where we like

Toffeecat

From the latest camping and caravan magazine p8 I shall quote: Wild Camping ".......you appear to be condoning wild camping in a campervan, In Scotland it is illegal to wild camp in any motor vehicle......." "The piece implied the member could be parking on someones land, albeit remote, and you are supposed to have the landowners permission" The person goes on to complain they have a campervan and "every summer we are plagued by caravanners and motorhome owners who seem to think it is ok to draw up for the night wherever they like even to the front of peoples homes because theres a nice view(ythats why the house was built there)" He complains that he hopes no club members would do such a thing, dump rubbish chem toilets and the like, should use campsites and dont think you can outrun the virus by coming in our direction" Editors reply is its illegal to wild camping is permitted in Scotland but not in motorised vehicles other than the...

runnach

Yes the fact is, to park in MH or campervan, you require the landowners permission, fortunately, not all are bothered if we do, as long as playing nice.

2cv

From the latest camping and caravan magazine p8 I shall quote: Wild Camping ".......you appear to be condoning wild camping in a campervan, In Scotland it is illegal to wild camp in any motor vehicle......." "The piece implied the member could be parking on someones land, albeit remote, and you are supposed to have the landowners permission" The person goes on to complain they have a campervan and "every summer we are plagued by caravanners and motorhome owners who seem to think it is ok to draw up for the night wherever they like even to the front of peoples homes because theres a nice view(ythats why the house was built there)" He complains that he hopes no club members would do such a thing, dump rubbish chem toilets and the like, should use campsites and dont think you can outrun the virus by coming in our direction" Editors reply is its illegal to wild camping is permitted in Scotland but not in motorised vehicles other than the...

Wully

Hope we can start getting a bit of normality soon probably another three or four weeks before they allow campsites to open that will be the green light for a few nights away. Campsites will be booked out solid hire motorhomes and static caravans will be in high demand with everything taking a severe price hike. So bit of wild camping later in the year looks good.

mariesnowgoose

Hope we can start getting a bit of normality soon probably another three or four weeks before they allow campsites to open that will be the green light for a few nights away. Campsites will be booked out solid hire motorhomes and static caravans will be in high demand with everything taking a severe price hike. So bit of wild camping later in the year looks good. Spot on, you beat me to it ;)

Fisherman

Parking overnight in a carpark which has no signage stating you cannot do so, requires no permission from anyone. By definition its a carpark which permits parking sometimes for a fee sometimes without. How would anyone who has turned up and found somewhere to park away from peoples homes know who the land owner is, or how to contact them for permission. And would the landowners wish to be inundated with such requests. Common sense, respect for others, and treating where you have stopped with care are what is required, not legislation or narrow minded Misinformed opinionated people getting themselves wound up over nothing. Referring to earlier posts about the article on the caravan and camping clubs magazine. I look forward to receiving my copy, and I may reply.

Last edited:

runnach

Parking overnight in a carpark which has no signage stating you cannot do so, requires no permission from anyone. By definition its a carpark which permits parking sometimes for a fee sometimes without. How would anyone who has turned up and found somewhere to park away from peoples homes know who the land owner is, or how to contact them for permission. And would the landowners wish to be inundated with such requests. Common sense, respect for others, and treating where you have stopped with care are what is required, not legislation or narrow minded Misinformed opinionated people getting themselves wound up over nothing. Referring to earlier posts about the article on the caravan and camping clubs magazine. I look forward to receiving my copy, and I may reply. Bill, I got the narrative read to me by forestry commision guys at Loch Chon a few year back. Apparently I was on forestry commision land, I bit my lip to say commision is a quango and as a tax payer, I am a stakeholder.

Fisherman

e Bill, I got the narrative read to me by forestry commision guys at Loch Chon a few year back. Apparently I was on forestry commision land, I bit my lip to say commision is a quango and as a tax payer, I am a stakeholder. Runnach, I came on here 2016 when I got my first van, and I immediately fell in love with our chosen pastime. Having worked hard all of my life since leaving school in 1970 aged just 15, our pastime offered a chance to explore and enjoy some wonderful places with freedom, and in a manner alien to any other. Most of us on here and outside of here do so because we love these places, we cherish these places and we cherish what we do, and only wish to do so with the respect these places and where there are people living there in a manner that befits them. Yet we are treated by some not with the same respect that we deserve, but like pariahs by narrow minded opinionated il informed individuals. For years on here we discuss the rights and wrongs of parking in...

runnach

e Runnach, I came on here 2016 when I got my first van, and I immediately fell in love with our chosen pastime. Having worked hard all of my life since leaving school in 1970 aged just 15, our pastime offered a chance to explore and enjoy some wonderful places with freedom, and in a manner alien to any other. Most of us on here and outside of here do so because we love these places, we cherish these places and we cherish what we do, and only wish to do so with the respect these places and where there are people living there in a manner that befits them. Yet we are treated by some not with the same respect that we deserve, but like pariahs by narrow minded opinionated il informed individuals. For years on here we discuss the rights and wrongs of parking in places with signage that can only be described as inept. Should we ignore no overnight parking signs, or signs that only mention caravans or trailers, but dont specifically mention us. Now we are discussing parking were there...

Fisherman

What is more frustrating is you cross the channel and can tour countries that offer us facilities, some are free or a few euro. Have to say though, some councils are wakening up, for example, Lochore Meadows, ST Abbs harbour trust, etc..... Exactly. Last year we went to Kirkgate in Kinross. A large carpark taking around 80-100 cars. We had been there three times before last years visit. The carpark is remotely located away from any housing. The biggest problem there is dog shit. The place is covered in dog shit, and nothing is done about it. We watched an Alsatian shitting next to the kids playground, with the owner casually looking on. Now if the landowner put up signs banning dogs, there would be a public outcry. The carpark was a favourite stop over for those wishing to travel further north, and seemed popular with Europeans, who would turn up around 8pm and leave early next day. The largest number of vans I saw there was 6 one night, and we tended to park at the head of the...

Last edited:

peter palance

Trouble is you'll get Idiots like This https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08d819k?fbclid=IwAR12_rujZcHu4UFym0S2gvaOFUvWsbvxtgRlzxTAie_msibDFXi02cvRbJo Coming up to Scotland also a Van from Merther tidval involved in a serious accident we could do with a limit to distance but ain't got one vans 3 vans apart. or what ever. an idiot on my tail would not do, oh and there are some, word is off but they dont under-stand two finger. pointing to the right means. ok pj. happy motoring.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:171)

channa, TeamRienza, 2cv, Derekoak, Edina, mistericeman, Fazerloz, phase3begins, lands43, mark61, st3v3, Andysm, POI Admin, jeanette, Asterix, clarkpeacock, Alberto, s4x4c, sparrks, fiona68, r4dent, Fisherman, Wooie1958, Snapster, ian1950, DorsetDrifter, Mikael, davep10000, colinmd, Yelto, Clummzie, toasty, Robmac, witzend, AdriaTwin, maureenandtom, trevskoda, Geraldine, Makzine, maingate, alwaysared, n brown, yorkslass, mariesnowgoose, Obanboy666, trixie88, Tonybvi, rugbyken, izwozral, iampatman, Toffeecat, helen262, myvanwy, Clewsy, iandsm, Debroos, wildebus, Larnie, alcam, Scotia, hank, AllanD, Android, 955itriple, Martingrant, CavityandLacey, Jayg, Neckender, Mandoman, wints, ironman, tripper, 1807truckman, kensowerby, barge1914, Wully, Harrers, reiverlad, SimonM, bobj808, highlandron, Winger, mygrassisblue, korky, peecee, jerrycan, mofish, jagmanx, Allen, scampa, Chip, jacquigem, Dezi, vtwinner, mjvw, peter palance, SpiroPope, NeilyG, Biggarmac, Sharon the Cat, Victor, katv, Nidge, Haaamster, Tim120, londontavern, caledonia, antiquesam, tobym, V1nny, martinmartin, Nowego, davef, nutts, GeoffL, GWAYGWAY, Lionel, Amethyst, Bigshug, maxsdad, Minisorella, ajb70, Somerled, mrdon, Farman, Martin P, smg, Kizzy, Carrerasax, 5andy, daygoboy, MrKenny, eddyt, Budgie, RSD7a, dunfillin, tribute11, Ribble, GreggBear, Veloman, Jean, AllanB, campervanannie, sonic650, Justjack, vanmandan, Tezza33, britcoms, bartman, T25babble, The Jacks, John H, Jo001, Topmast, lthoel2, Blue Lady, yorkscol, countrycruisers, Hughendon, euro28, CliveW, Murgzie, Dethy, royh28, phillhend, tadpole58, mrs t, Loretta, kas, HurricaneSmith, charlie356,