First camping trip since 2020

Admin

Administrator
I have just pitched up at Lyndon Top campsite on the banks of Rutland Water. It is nice to be back out in the van and as a bonus the sun is shining! ☀️

5EE584A3-FB23-4D2D-A9AB-D485EB5EF2D9.jpeg

4C5F7898-1F9A-4125-B744-949B1ED75E66.jpeg

Looks like a perfect day and place for your first trip.. enjoy!

Nice one!

We’re making our 1st trip since 2020 over the weekend down to Dorset when things should quieten down after the Easter school holidays. Sadly we won’t be having any scenic view so slightly envious but where we are stopping is convenient and £14 a night so can’t really complain even if service blocks are closed.

And as it’s an extended stay rather than a tour we will be stopping on a site rather than parking up.

I may be right or wrong but I’m guessing 99% or more of U.K. wild campers making a trip this month will be making their first trip since 2020!

Last edited:
my last trip away for leisure in the new-to-me-motorhome was also the first trip after buying it nearly 7 months ago!

That’s great Phil we cannot wait for the 26th up here. Looks fabulous enjoy yourselves.

enjoy phil......had some great times during the meets at lyndon top.......sun is shining for you ...hope weather hold out for you

We was going to have a weekend at Kirby Lonsdale and have a look at the venue for a future rally but decided not to go as I am still volunteering at Oldham Royal Hospital on Fridays , so instead we will start to get the van in shipshape for the Hereford bank holiday Camp , it will be great to get out and about again (y)

enjoy your trip phil is it very busy? just for everyone’s information the A6003 at manton is closed for the next 3 months for work on the railway bridge , this is bottom of the hill coming out of oakham heading to uppingham top of the hill is where you turn left for lyndon,
CB566C66-8415-4B58-811C-FB7DD869E8A0.png

We was going to have a weekend at Kirby Lonsdale and have a look at the venue for a future rally but decided not to go as I am still volunteering at Oldham Royal Hospital on Fridays , so instead we will start to get the van in shipshape for the Hereford bank holiday Camp , it will be great to get out and about again (y)
We have just spent a couple of nights at Kirby Lonsdale, we stayed at the rugby club as suggested by Wully, had a great time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back