Fiat X250 REAR wheel alignment

If the rear is misaligned it could be caused by worn by leaf spring bushes or damage caused by accident or curbing ..or could be road camber causing more ware on nearside .try changing ns to os. years ago it was recommended to change wheels diagonally to even tyre ware ..tyres very rarely wear evenly

The shock only dampens the down return force,does nout with the axle on way up,unless you have double rebound damper shocks which in almost 50 years i have never seen on cars or vans.
Must be something new to you Trev so here’s how they work
Why would they allow the wheel to jump away from the road as in lose contact on a bump when this is the damping the helps with braking

If the rear is misaligned it could be caused by worn by leaf spring bushes or damage caused by accident or curbing ..or could be road camber causing more ware on nearside .try changing ns to os. years ago it was recommended to change wheels diagonally to even tyre ware ..tyres very rarely wear evenly
Just put 4 new winter tyres on my van and the winter tyres that came off had done 27,000 miles and were worn evenly front and rear because I maintained them by regular corner to corner swaps. Tyres aren’t fit and forget.

Its not shocks if the wear is at edge all around the inner tyre, BENT AXLE OR STUBS.
But apparently now according to the OP the rear tyres match, could it be worn incorrectly tracked front tyres put on the rear ? :unsure:
Better sell it quick and buy another motor bike :LOL:

Where they the right shocks or could the air suspension be holding them fully extended
Maybe maybe not! I'll have a good rummage around at the weekend. I think the air is working OK, but it is always hard to decide how much pressure to put in,
But apparently now according to the OP the rear tyres match, could it be worn incorrectly tracked front tyres put on the rear ? :unsure:
Better sell it quick and buy another motor bike :LOL:
I've got three motorbikes and it is too cold to ride them.

Where they the right shocks or could the air suspension be holding them fully extended
Maybe the right ones hard to tell now. :unsure::unsure:
Regarding the air, the air suspension will rise by about 60mm from no inflation to 40 psi and not raise anymore regardless of how much more PSI you put in. I usually run it at about 25 PSI which raises it around 30mm. There are no recommended setting so hard to tell what's best.

Just put 4 new winter tyres on my van and the winter tyres that came off had done 27,000 miles and were worn evenly front and rear because I maintained them by regular corner to corner swaps. Tyres aren’t fit and forget.
They say dont do that any more as tyres run in to suspension settings,mind you im old school and do with my car,but my van tyres are differant on back to the front ones tread wise.

[/QUOTE]
Maybe the right ones hard to tell now.
What I thought was if the shocks where short the air suspension would be putting stress on the axle after the shocks reached their limit of travel. Maybe you could try this by jacking the chassie and see how far the axle drops

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back