Fan recommendations please

phillybarbour

Some months ago someone posted about a brilliant fan, if I recall it was an American design. I have tried to search for the post with no success. Can people recommend a good fan for inside the van when temperatures are high and your trying to stay cool by moving the air mainly for when trying to sleep. Thanks in advance Phil.

Last edited:
Some B&M/Home Bargain shops do a good we usb fan,they are in dif colours,i have two gold units and there good,about 4/5 inches across the face.

Some months ago someone posted about a brilliant fan, if I recall it was an American design. I have tried to search for the post with no success. Can people recommend a good fan for inside the van when temperatures are high and your trying to stay cool by moving the air mainly for when trying to sleep. Thanks in advance Phil.

If I remember correctly it was the Fan-tastic fan from US. Greg Virgoe fitted a pair in his sprinter conversion but subsequently swapped them for Maxxair Deluxe fans because the 'benefit' of the automatic rain-sensing and vent-closing turned out to be a nuisance.

A fan is a fan,el cheapo usb ones are a couple of bucks,think i also seen them in tesco.

I installed the maxxair maxxfan this year.We used it all the time in spain in august/september and I'd give it a 10/10 .It kept us cool at night which was what we were looking for.Also good for extracting fumes and clearing the air using the reverse extraction feature.
my amateur reviews here:

Reactions: R0B
That's a bit like saying a steak is a steak.
You can get fans that are like a gale force wind or you can get one like the dying breath of a worm Trev. :p

Just saying.
You will not require it when in ireland,a umberdoddle would be better.:LOL:

F4056092-3708-407F-9F4A-BCA740DB3F4C.jpeg

We use a couple of these in the Laika .. Two speed 12v 6.5w .. Hella Marine Fans .. Not cheap but do last.

I use an endless breeze and have made a bracket to hold it across our rear skylight
Searching just now out of stock at Amazon but Outdoor Bits showing in stock
In stock
Can recommend
Cheers
Dave

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back