Facebook friend requests

trevskoda

I have a simple set of rules when it comes to Faceache Friends: If you're a Friend or Family Members I get on with that are over 18 (due to some of my jokes and posts that aren't suitable for the lesser age), If you have been of some influence in my life, If we have had a good drink together in the last 3 years, or, If they are a genuine friend/family, but sadly living overseas. I really do not understand that having 1000+ friends is remotely possible of people you genuinely see as friends. I asked my nephew when he last spoke to these so called friends, all I got was "Well um I don't". The thought of 1000+ strangers knowing your personal life somehow doesn't appeal to me :unsure:. And here,just about the whole world reads wildcamping,or should.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

yorkslass

LInux mint if its either 32 or 64bit,two desktop either cinnamon or the older mate. Zorin or lite. Thing is Trev, I don't understand any of that. Wouldn't know where to begin. First off, i'd be scared of losing stuff that I couldn't get back again,

Kajay

I’ve got my FB setting so that only friends of friends can friend request me. It stops the random weird strangers from across the other side of world sending requests. They find you if you comment or post on a public pages.

trevskoda

Thing is Trev, I don't understand any of that. Wouldn't know where to begin. First off, i'd be scared of losing stuff that I couldn't get back again, Load it all to a pen drive ,tag it first, once a new clean install then just pop the stuff back,linux must have all picys etc taged where as windows just puts it in anywhere,ie johns bike a.jpg ,johns bike b.jpg,all j peg must be in lower case.

R0B

Thanks for this page,i know this and i think we here are on a linux sys,dont understand why folk will not change over beats me,mint lite ubuntu, greeny ,peppermint zorin all easy to load with a full easy read as you go install,most now 64 bit,zorin lite can be had on 32 bit old pc,you can boot it along with windows if not sure yet or run most live to look at,i left win at xp because of never ending freezing and bugs,never since then had any trouble Hey @trevskoda, I finally decided to pay attentioin to you and have a crack at putting linux on my tired old Mac. I found Tails with a straightforward how-to and loaded it onto a usb stick. I'm very impressed - straightforward, secure and portable! Thanks for all the nagging :-)

trevskoda

Hey @trevskoda, I finally decided to pay attentioin to you and have a crack at putting linux on my tired old Mac. I found Tails with a straightforward how-to and loaded it onto a usb stick. I'm very impressed - straightforward, secure and portable! Thanks for all the nagging :) Yep that one is a portable PC in your pocket.