Facebook friend requests

Nabsim

I much prefer forums as you can easily find what has been posted and is a better medium in my opinion. Unfortunately I have to use Facebook if I want to stay in touch with certain friends and family. It has good points but many bands as well. @Paul, if you’re son isn’t using email and other forms of communication at a college then he must be back room support, I had no option for students and email addresses were given to them
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

trevskoda

I much prefer forums as you can easily find what has been posted and is a better medium in my opinion. Unfortunately I have to use Facebook if I want to stay in touch with certain friends and family. It has good points but many bands as well. @Paul, if you’re son isn’t using email and other forms of communication at a college then he must be back room support, I had no option for students and email addresses were given to them Security begins with LINUX but goes out the WINDOWS.

kenno

Which operating system is the most secure for general deployment https://www.computerworld.com/article/3252823/why-linux-is-better-than-windows-or-macos-for-security.html

molly 2

Its like pyramid selling have one friend then all his friend's come at you .I don't like face book ,never post anything about travelling , it's like telling the world you are not in

trevskoda

Which operating system is the most secure for general deployment https://www.computerworld.com/article/3252823/why-linux-is-better-than-windows-or-macos-for-security.html Thanks for this page,i know this and i think we here are on a linux sys,dont understand why folk will not change over beats me,mint lite ubuntu, greeny ,peppermint zorin all easy to load with a full easy read as you go install,most now 64 bit,zorin lite can be had on 32 bit old pc,you can boot it along with windows if not sure yet or run most live to look at,i left win at xp because of never ending freezing and bugs,never since then had any trouble.

GWAYGWAY

these are probably all friends of friends and faceache will try and pair you up from putting all these other people's contacts on to you. just delete the whole lot.

trevskoda

Nah it begins and ends with the individual Trev. Sorry but no one has control with windows,you do under linux.

yorkslass

Would love to be able to do all that however i wouldn't know where to begin. I use a tablet and i have no idea what makes it work, just click on Google and the machine does the rest. Have an old laptop that has recently been updated to win10 I think, but it's not running properly. I might get someone to put something else on.

Sharon the Cat

I go on facebook everyday, the only groups I am on are cardmaking and crochet but I do keep in touch with friends (proper friends) and family, I ignore requests, so I enjoy using facebook. I use it every day for following a few glass fusing groups. There is a lot of knowledge and many helpful people out there. Unfortunately there are 100 x more idiots and nasty people. Be careful what you click, if you click on something nasty you will see more similar items. However, it does have it's uses, I was contacted via Facebook messenger yesterday by my sister in laws daughter (we are not friends on FB). She needed to speak to Phill as her Mum recently suffered a stroke. We went to see her in the afternoon & she is on the mend.

kenno

I actually have had no problems at all since my upgrade to WIndows 10, fingers are crossed! I also use FB groups, pages and friends a lot, but make sure your privacy settings are set. I used to do FB marketing and there's software available that can scrape just about everything from a FB (& other social sites/forums etc.) user profiles, groups and pages, also FB advertising will share with you lots of information about users before you place an advertisement. When advertisers place a certain pixal on their websites, once you have visited that site, the ad that you viewed will follow you around other sites including FB.

jagmanx

Interesting that FB gets "Bad Press" from some. It is a social media networking forum. Wildcamping and Motorhomer are much the same albeit with a focus.. On all 3 ( and others ) there are FLAWS. With all 3 simply use them sensibly. I , as has been posted, find FB useful to keep in touch with family ad friends. Again as others have posted I decline fiends request form A) those I do not know B) those who I have no wish to remain in contact with. If "friends annoy me with their posts I simply Unfriend them or (usually) decline to see their posts. They are all tools and as with a screwdriver or electric drill etc use them as you see fit. My friends on FB is a small number...I appreciate may FB users go overboard with friends. Email addresses similarly... a limited no of Friends Maybe a whole host of contacts (Motorhome contacts Campsites etc etc..these do not cause me a problem) JUST be wary/ careful and be prepared to "unfriend or similar" I do find it a good tool for letting...

Last edited:

NickVanBitz

I have a simple set of rules when it comes to Faceache Friends: If you're a Friend or Family Members I get on with that are over 18 (due to some of my jokes and posts that aren't suitable for the lesser age), If you have been of some influence in my life, If we have had a good drink together in the last 3 years, or, If they are a genuine friend/family, but sadly living overseas. I really do not understand that having 1000+ friends is remotely possible of people you genuinely see as friends. I asked my nephew when he last spoke to these so called friends, all I got was "Well um I don't". The thought of 1000+ strangers knowing your personal life somehow doesn't appeal to me :unsure:.

kenno

I really do not understand that having 1000+ friends is remotely possible of people you genuinely see as friends. I asked my nephew when he last spoke to these so called friends, all I got was "Well um I don't". The thought of 1000+ strangers knowing your personal life somehow doesn't appeal to me :unsure:. It used to be the more "friends" you had the more of them you could contact with your ads. Having several FB accounts with different usernames and you could massively increase the number of viewers to your ads. FB Marketing by word of mouth is massive https://www.socialmediatoday.com/marketing/why-word-mouth-marketing-so-important

trevskoda

Would love to be able to do all that however i wouldn't know where to begin. I use a tablet and i have no idea what makes it work, just click on Google and the machine does the rest. Have an old laptop that has recently been updated to win10 I think, but it's not running properly. I might get someone to put something else on. Google is spyware watching every move and key stroke you make.

trevskoda

Would love to be able to do all that however i wouldn't know where to begin. I use a tablet and i have no idea what makes it work, just click on Google and the machine does the rest. Have an old laptop that has recently been updated to win10 I think, but it's not running properly. I might get someone to put something else on. LInux mint if its either 32 or 64bit,two desktop either cinnamon or the older mate. Zorin or lite.

Last edited by a moderator:

trevskoda

I actually have had no problems at all since my upgrade to WIndows 10, fingers are crossed! I also use FB groups, pages and friends a lot, but make sure your privacy settings are set. I used to do FB marketing and there's software available that can scrape just about everything from a FB (& other social sites/forums etc.) user profiles, groups and pages, also FB advertising will share with you lots of information about users before you place an advertisement. When advertisers place a certain pixal on their websites, once you have visited that site, the ad that you viewed will follow you around other sites including FB. Every time you try to close the spy loop holes in win ten they shut them down with there spyware which the imbed in side your pc,try mint or zorin.