Facebook friend requests

Taurian

Every day for the last week or so, I have been receiving a friend request from people I have never known or heard of. Has anybody else been receiving similar facebook requests ? Of course I just delete them but just wondering why this is suddenly happening and what the point of it all is.
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

trevskoda

Its normal,just folk wanting a chat,mind you its also full of fruit cakes,we dont respond and only use market place to shift goods or buy.

Nabsim

Facebook is still a bit strange to me. I get what I think are requests from folk I know and when I accept it says I have sent the request. May explain why I have hundreds of folks I don’t know as well

delicagirl

Facebook is still a bit strange to me. I get what I think are requests from folk I know and when I accept it says I have sent the request. May explain why I have hundreds of folks I don’t know as well once you have asked to be a friend on FB Trev its up to them to say if they accept your friend request or not...... so you and they have some control over this.

trevskoda

i went through my FB list recently and deleted "friends" who i appear to have made in mindless moments... if i haven't met them.... out they go........ Thank goodness you have met me. ;)

trevskoda

Its handy if you have family overseas,these days keeping in touch is so easy and cheap,who remembers telegraph boys arriving at door with a not to say ant jamima has died etc,we had many of those when i were a child.

mistericeman

Regular scam posts.... Frequently using pictures of young attractive females. Accepting the request can lead to having your profile hacked.

colinmd

Unfortunately there are several companies I deal with who use 'Face ache' as their main form of communication this means I need to be a member or loose out. :mad: although saying that it can be useful, we got back one of our hens by posting on 'Face ache'. I have received loads of friends requests from either people doing selling or scammers pretending to be young women.

Pauljenny

My son is a computer professional. He won't touch Basefook , Crapshat or similar.. When his students ask, " How can we contact you, then ?" He replies .. " Send me a postcard, via the college , that's more secure ". When relatives ask me to be Friends.. I tell them I've no time for any more friends, thanks. I'm too busy being kind to my numerous relatives.

Pauljenny

Its handy if you have family overseas,these days keeping in touch is so easy and cheap,who remembers telegraph boys arriving at door with a not to say ant jamima has died etc,we had many of those when i were a child. Sorry to hear that your Aunty died, Trev.. What a character she was.. " Never missed the spittoon, in 83 years ", you once told me.

delicagirl

Thank goodness you have met me. ;) i'd be friends with most of WC community on FB - but you especially Trev......are on my "special friends" list

GinaRon

I go on facebook everyday, the only groups I am on are cardmaking and crochet but I do keep in touch with friends (proper friends) and family, I ignore requests, so I enjoy using facebook.

trevskoda

Sorry to hear that your Aunty died, Trev.. What a character she was.. " Never missed the spittoon, in 83 years ", you once told me. A lot of cunny funts on here tonight,the spittoon was 100 yards away and she was irish champ,bet you cannot beat her. ;)

jeanette

I’m on Facebook because it was the only way to see two of my g/kids as my daughter and I weren’t talking at the time,I do get friend requests butt I delete them I’m basically only friends with ‘proper friends” and family and to still see photos of my grandkids

andromeda

I've learnt a lot about motor homing and baking on FB forums but I keep personal info to a minimum and only have friends i know and family on my privacy settings. The local FB page for the village also helped with info about the recent flood warnings. Anything iffy and or nasty is ignored and or deleted. I never put pictures of children on the internet unless I can mask who they are.