External temperature sensor X250 question

SimonM

I know that some X250 have an external temperature sensor fitted into one of the door mirrors - mine hasn’t

Is it possible to retrofit one? I know the facility is within the dash info screen as it flashed up once before (not with a temperature so I know there’s no sensor) so I’m wondering if the 2 wires maybe available within the door that I can tap into

Has anyone done it?

As you say it’s part of the drivers door mirror, a little nipple underneath, just been out to take a snap.
DAA50199-B96B-4CE1-94B0-A12FA53ABA1B.jpeg

I suspect you’re going to have to trace the mirror wires in the door trim to see it’s fitted for but not with....

My 2016 Fiat based A class does not have suitable mirrors. Hymer (or Fiat) in their wisdom have placed the sensor down low on the nearside of the engine bay. This might suggest that if you can locate the source of the wires from the central control or instrument panel (I have no expertise, obviously) you could place the sensor in a location that suits you.

Davy

I think the ‘tails’ on the temp sensor are a similar length to the mirror control wires. Assuming it’s fitted for but not with, You might get lucky and find the wiring loom ‘socket’ for the sensor near the window control switch plugs in the arm rest on the door.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back