External fitting - Chinese diesel night heater.

here is one i made up myself the ducting can be used on my caravan gazebo and the white sheet fixes in the rear window of my stealth camper car .
everything is outside and very quiet the only sound i hear is the hot air fan.
will have to get proper pictures but you get the idea
inside.JPG
outside.JPG
connected.JPG

here is one i made up myself the ducting can be used on my caravan gazebo and the white sheet fixes in the rear window of my stealth camper car .
everything is outside and very quiet the only sound i hear is the hot air fan.
will have to get proper pictures but you get the ideaView attachment 92410View attachment 92411View attachment 92412
Do you find the silencer works OK i thought the optimum length of Exhaust pipe was about 1M mine is that and 2 silencers.

Do you find the silencer works OK i thought the optimum length of Exhaust pipe was about 1M mine is that and 2 silencers.
Good to see you back on the Forum Alf. Hope you and your Misses are feeling better👍

Reactions: Alf
Good to see you back on the Forum Alf. Hope you and your Misses are feeling better👍
Thank you it’s been an uphill battle the las 12 months we have had our first injections we were going to sell our van but Trev talked me out of it we may have to move though the garden and house is a bit too much now but finding a M/caravan friendly bungalow is not easy.

cant hear a thing in the van apart from the hot air fan .
tried 2 silencers couldn't hear the difference the motorcycle crankcase air filter makes a big difference
Its not particularly inside although if you fit it correctly with the proper thermostat the loud fan noise is cut by 75% the reason for the intake and exhaust silencer is to cut external noise for others

A run on kero now and again is a great idea as it can help clean the combustion chamber etc....

However I can't understand the obsession some folks have pfaffing with, separate tanks etc so they can run on red/kero as they use so little road diesel the savings are ridiculous....

Thats coming from someone that hates being cold and is regularly away in the winter....
Who's other half is from Yorkshire ;-)
Apparently the Chinese ones consume approximately 1 liter every 10 hours if kept running but I doubt if you'd be able to stand the heat so the thermostat will be turned down a bit which will make them more economical?

Apparently the Chinese ones consume approximately 1 liter every 10 hours if kept running but I doubt if you'd be able to stand the heat so the thermostat will be turned down a bit which will make them more economical?

Most of the Chinese ones can be throttled back by reducing the pump pulse frequency...
But I'd still go for the 2kw version over the larger 5kw etc as 2kw is plenty.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back