European Welcome ?

witzend

Sixty-one per cent of Spanish people polled said they did not want UK holidaymakers.
France, is almost as antagonistic with 55 per cent of respondents unhappy to see UK holidaymakers
The only nationalities less popular than the British are Americans and Chinese

Those percentages are probably more favourable than for Brits (particularly motorhomers) staying at home in 2020.

Davy

Just like Scotland in fact. Two weeks quarantine for those returning from Spain apparently. So if you live in Scotland and land in Manchester expect to be stopped at Gretna and put into isolation.

We had been optimistic as to getting away in September to France or Germany. As time passes that begins to look unlikely and now the winter break in Spain/Portugal comes under threat with brexit uncertainty.
Sad but on bright side we have plenty of time to find house of our dreams

We had been optimistic as to getting away in September to France or Germany. As time passes that begins to look unlikely and now the winter break in Spain/Portugal comes under threat with brexit uncertainty.
Sad but on bright side we have plenty of time to find house of our dreams
Will this do.
house donegal.png
house a donegalScreenshot_2020-07-10_09-22-19.png

Mmn
Yes we saw many lovely places in Ireland.
Well built
Good land with surrounding wall etc
Nice outlook/location.
But no aadvantage to us living there !

I would like to know how many of those polled actually made a living from tourism?
It was a Yougov poll of 1000 people per country. Having been a market research interviewer I'm pretty sure it would be a cross section of the demographic by age, marital status and occupational status.

Precisely the reason why we`ve decided to forego our European jaunt this year and hope for better times next year.

All the euros on Caxton are fine and were bought a quite a good rate so as long as i do a transaction before the end of December i won`t have to pay the " account handling fee " which now comes into force after 12 months instead of the old 24 months.

Similarly my Dart Charge account will need a small credit before the end of the year in order to avoid the inactivity clause.

From Lancashire NI and ROI are easy enuff
CairnRyan to Larne & back
Use Euros in ROI
Just a thought

Precisely the reason why we`ve decided to forego our European jaunt this year and hope for better times next year.

All the euros on Caxton are fine and were bought a quite a good rate so as long as i do a transaction before the end of December i won`t have to pay the " account handling fee " which now comes into force after 12 months instead of the old 24 months.

Similarly my Dart Charge account will need a small credit before the end of the year in order to avoid the inactivity clause.

Thanks for the reminder. We use a similar card for US dollars and certainly won’t be over there for the foreseeable future so better make a transaction.

Sixty-one per cent of Spanish people polled said they did not want UK holidaymakers.
France, is almost as antagonistic with 55 per cent of respondents unhappy to see UK holidaymakers
The only nationalities less popular than the British are Americans and Chinese
What rubbish they want English over here because they say English spend more money than any other vistes to Spain, they have had it hard here the last few months

Thanks for the reminder. We use a similar card for US dollars and certainly won’t be over there for the foreseeable future so better make a transaction.

No problem, i was a bit annoyed that they dropped it from 24 months to 12 months for the Account Management fee if the account is inactive.

I knew it was 24 months and seeing as we normally go abroad 2 or 3 times each year i wouldn`t normally give it a second thought.

It was buried deep in one of their emails about the T&C`s changing and for once i had an overwhelming urge to actually read all of it.

It`s in the middle of the screenshot headed Account Management fee under section 21 and it used to be 24 months.

I`ll start a new thread because a lot of members have the Caxton FX card and probably do not realise this will happen.

Screenshot (12).png

What rubbish they want English over here because they say English spend more money than any other vistes to Spain,
But thats just the ones holding their hands out for tourist money just the same here in Cornwall. The Poll was taken thru a selection of the Spanish people who want the English to stay in England

No problem, i was a bit annoyed that they dropped it from 24 months to 12 months for the Account Management fee if the account is inactive.

I knew it was 24 months and seeing as we normally go abroad 2 or 3 times each year i wouldn`t normally give it a second thought.

It was buried deep in one of their emails about the T&C`s changing and for once i had an overwhelming urge to actually read all of it.

It`s in the middle of the screenshot headed Account Management fee under section 21 and it used to be 24 months.

I`ll start a new thread because a lot of members have the Caxton FX card and probably do not realise this will happen.

View attachment 84219
Thanks for that tip off. Fortunately I put a few quid on the card a couple of months ago when the exchange rate went up a little.

Thanks for that tip off. Fortunately I put a few quid on the card a couple of months ago when the exchange rate went up a little.

Then you`ve got 12 months from that date, i bought a christmas present from Finland with ours last December so i`m ok until then.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back