Engine battery

Annie, i never implied that it did not work and i use a similar device for when i change batteries on vehicles to save all the codings etc. etc. however .............

I knew instantly what Phil meant and quite clearly is a simple typo but there will be a lot of people on here that will not know what it is and will probably want to search for it.

I never meant any harm and if anyone is offended by my post then will the moderator please remove it.

Thank you.
It is fine, I don’t think Annie was telling you off. Your observation has given a few people a laugh.

As both ends of the link are live there should be a fuse near to each battery to match the capacity of the wire/cable connecting the two together. Should the cable be accidently damaged one side or other of a single fuse then there could be a risk of fire.
I have solar charging to my leisure batteries and a standby charger to the starter battery, 10amp fused at each end of the connecting link.
View attachment 91007.
Unfortunately this would cause Annies B2B to activate and start an endless (until the starter is flat) charge cycle.

She does have a battery master to be fitted but I am going to modify the system first to prevent the B2B activating.

FE9EEC05-3147-43CD-B07B-A063A0916F7C.jpeg
75C7D0DD-CBA1-4D92-81AC-2B0B231B562E.jpeg

Unfortunately this would cause Annies B2B to activate and start an endless (until the starter is flat) charge cycle.

She does have a battery master to be fitted but I am going to modify the system first to prevent the B2B activating.

I thought that was you, Phil? ;) :ROFLMAO:

I now have a vision in my head of you being stuffed under the bonnet of Annie's van and being plugged in!!! o_O :oops: 🤣 😂 🙃 😃 😘 😉

i think a lot of us are discovering the limitations of our systems not used to being laid up for months, as annie says things are so changed 15 years ago my trailer tent leisure battery would easily last 5-6 days but only used for lighting nowadays with quadruple the power & without solar would run out in 48hrs , my van is stored in a dutch barn so protected & covered but of course the 460w solar on my roof is harvesting nothing couple of trackers alarm system radio etc all pulling it down so have marked the calendar & will bring it home every couple of weeks to top it up , not exactly doing anything else am i,

I am so lucky to have a simple sys that works for me, solar and votronic mppt regulator, i have a onboard charger but have not required it this year as batteries are well up. :)

I am so lucky to have a simple sys that works for me, solar and votronic mppt regulator, i have a onboard charger but have not required it this year as batteries are well up. :)
You are not lucky to have a simple system Trev, it is your knowledge about how things work that means you can do what you have done, most people cannot so rely on solutions that have to be paid for unless they have a Phil in their motorhome garage 🤯

You are not lucky to have a simple system Trev, it is your knowledge about how things work that means you can do what you have done, most people cannot so rely on solutions that have to be paid for unless they have a Phil in their motorhome garage 🤯
Yes but got a lot from wildbus which brought me up to date with new systems. (y)

in my late teens in the army i had a mini with a warped head but i used it every weekend to get home from camp & back never got chance to do it properly for about 4 months when i could get it skimmed so after renewing the head gasket every week could do it in 45 mins , nowadays i lift the bonnet and shake my head i can’t even find the battery on my car had it 3=years , the same with all this electrickery i just accept it’s all magic & go cap in hand to phil or david,

To much crap in them and for what, they claim milages, but minis did over 50 mpg with no fancy electricery, just more to go wrong and force you to return to a dealer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back