Electric.

Debs

Since the Lanark meet I have been overhauling and updating my electrical system. At the meet, Phil(Admin) had found a fault I had not noticed, just a loose connection, but in a low voltage situation, that is a No-No. I have made some new connectors out of 8mm copper pipe, taken out the consumer unit, replaced with an RCD adapter, and tidied all the wiring up. My 100W solar panel is being replaced with a 200W panel. The mounting frame is up and I will paint it when weather allows and get the panel installed. Then sometime in the near future I am looking at fitting a battery monitor, I have so far looked at the NASA BM1 and the Votronic units. Just need some sunshine now, please.

BEFORE 13.jpgAFTER17.jpgS1.jpg

I am guessing the Hookup goes to the pair of single sockets - then the plug and lead in the socket goes to the Consumer Unit Input - so the Reverse Socket switches L & N when the camp hookup is reversed (saves a Reverse Polarity hookup adapter) - just need to unplug from top socket and plug into bottom one.

Looks very tidy, but I am curious why you removed the Consumer Unit? just didn't need the 3 circuits?

I am guessing the Hookup goes to the pair of single sockets - then the plug and lead in the socket goes to the Consumer Unit Input - so the Reverse Socket switches L & N when the camp hookup is reversed (saves a Reverse Polarity hookup adapter) - just need to unplug from top socket and plug into bottom one.

Looks very tidy, but I am curious why you removed the Consumer Unit? just didn't need the 3 circuits?

Quite right, when I am on hook up, I check the state of play with my mains checker to check what I am letting into my van.

I don't think those batteries are well enough secured to survive an accident.

I will be putting a removable bar across the batteries, but even as they are, they are difficult to get out, as I originally made the box for smaller batteries.

Due to the lovely couple of days we have had, I have managed to get my new panel in place, although I did need help from a neighbour, cos it was too heavy for me lift on my own. Very pleased with the resulting extra power.

BEFORE 34.jpg AND AFTER S2.jpg

A reverse polarity socket?? an un-necessary complication but if it makes you happy, carry on. You could have added a further socket for a generator input.

Could have used one of these.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2017-12-3 CARAVAN MOTORHOME CAMPERVAN HOOK UP POLARTY CHANGE OVER SWITCH eBay.png
    Screenshot-2017-12-3 CARAVAN MOTORHOME CAMPERVAN HOOK UP POLARTY CHANGE OVER SWITCH eBay.png
    98.1 KB · Views: 82

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back