Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

mjvw

It looks like Electric scooter could become legal what does the community think ?I'am open minded would be ideal for carrying in the Motorhome as are electric bikes.

Dezi

The only caveat I have is that,at the moment, and in my limited experience some scooter riders
are as unpredictable as some cyclist.
I have come across them on pavements and ignoring traffic lights etc.

Obviously this reckless behaviour is exacerbated when the rider very often has earphones on.

It is as if motorist are expected to their thinking for them anticipate their every unpredictable move.

I am only talking about a small minority but its enough to make me cautious.

Dezi

Nabsim

I can see they could be very useful so voted yes. There will always be idiots and mis users in anything and I see no reason why that should stop everyone else.

I wouldn’t mind a go on on 👍

myvanwy

Im for it(easy to store in the van) but disappointed that they are hire only. (jobs for the boys?) Great idea that you have to be a holder of a driving licence to use one. Although i see a lot of cyclists on the road who seem to forget the highway code.

mjvw

You can’t own one and use on road or pavement. But you can hire one and use, which I find strange. Unless the hire route is to test the waters?
Yes I think they are testing the waters, the idea that you may need a drivers licence is a good one, but would it work in reality? also have we the resources to manage that if it became legal requirement.

trevskoda

No way ,wifes mother lives on a street house and kids from estate rake down the f path outside on electric scooters which if you step outside your hit,kids here dont care and the police can do nothing or wont,there also riding the petrol ones to with speeds of up to 45 mph :mad:

Fazerloz

Keeping it to hire companies makes it easy to maintain certain standards and the Gov gets their cut as well.it.
Voted no there are already too many road users without insurance. These iust add to it. Every type of road user should have to have insurance these days.

Last edited:

izwozral

Death traps on UK roads, tiny wheels and potholes don't mix so there will be lots of swerving about. Many accidents waiting to happen and also unenforceable. Private owners will chance it, suped up scooters will be used and the under aged will be at it, unfortunately voting NO.