Electric motorhome

Once again you are totally misrepresenting the facts, even in that article it doesn't say rich people make most flights, it talks of frequent flyers, the biggest operators out of UK airports are budget airlines running 'cheap' flights. Thousands of people take short breaks in europe, many even take weekend breaks to the canaries! Many flights are to eastern europe where EU nationals 'pop' home for the weekend.

Climate Action, said: “Most of the environmental damage from air travel is caused not by annual family holidays but by very frequent leisure flights by those at the top end of the income spectrum. A frequent flyer levy is the fairest and most effective way to keep aviation within safe limits, while protecting access to some air travel for all.”

It does however say 'the rich' (which I guess those at the top end of the income spectrum are) cause the most environmental damage from air travel.
I doubt their claim is true but I do believe superfluous travel should be curtailed first .

I can assure you however that it won't happen the way the article suggests; it's just an appeasement article before we all take the next financial hit.

@colinmd no misrepresented facts, I was talking about flying this time, slightly different to emissions in general of course. As you are aware frequent flyers are more relevant than the rich in general (apart from a private jet just for a pizza unlikely story). So all relevant . We must start with the worse offenders. The rest of the frequent fliers also need to be dealt with. A flying ration seems a sensible idea?
@Fisherman I do not hate the stinking rich, I hate what they do to the rest of us. Like Colin I used to work for them but I never saw the need to apologise for their lifestyle. Flying is a immediate problem that needs dealing with ASAP . We have so little time left! The longer we leave it the more extreme the remedies become.
I am aware that the poor people you indicate might see me as part of the problem which is why I must continue to bother you and change my lifestyle in the right direction. As I see it I am the pot with 1/3 clean calling out all the very and extremely black kettles, Whilst working out how to clean more of myself. I do not see anything strange or wrong about that metaphore. How can it be otherwise. Can only perfect saints express opinions.

Life is simple, it is Humans that complicate it, back to the Stone age for a decade or two , give the Planet time to recover, is the only solution and then start again.

If only life was simple. History does not usually allow another start after extinction

WE cannot dist it as its like a battery,we take out use and die to recharge it once more,millions of years back the polar caps were forests as the ice melted then and returned.

Last edited:
Quite right. what goes round comes round but I do believe we are speeding things up with our lifestyles , doubt we will be here to see it happen though, it takes millions of years , but things happening recently seem like the start of a sky fi movie, ie floods , tempest wild fires, earthquakes etc, Oh and Jeremy Corbyn hee hee.

All electric vehicles do is move the pollution from the road to the electric generating power station

I think you have not noticed that this year carbon neutral electricity was more than half the electricity generated in the UK. This will only get greater as more wind power comes online.
Anyway it is easier to clean and collect emissions from a few power station chimneys than a million exhausts. Also the vehicle exhausts are much closer to peoples lungs!

Last edited:
All electric vehicles do is move the pollution from the road to the electric generating power station
There going to use wind and wave power along with nuclear which is carbon free.
If we do get cold fusion then all will be ok.

There going to use wind and wave power along with nuclear which is carbon free.
If we do get cold fusion then all will be ok.
I wasn’t aware of much wave power generation nuclear is downright dangerous as Sellafield Chernobyl Fukushima have shown us and cold fusion has been promised since the 50s still waiting

A humbling thought...if you have a home in a nice area, a good pension pot, and a good job you are probably already amongst the worlds top 1% richest people. A bit less and you are probably in the top 2%. If you are not well off and live in the uk on a state pension or benefits you’re probably still in the top 5%.
This is because there still exists an overwhelming number of abjectly poor people in the rest of the world who have nothing at all but a few rags, a rudimentary shelter, no clean water, and hardly enough to eat...too many children they can’t afford to prevent or feed, and a very short life expectancy.

Sometimes here perhaps we get all wound up about the wrong problems!

I wasn’t aware of much wave power generation nuclear is downright dangerous as Sellafield Chernobyl Fukushima have shown us and cold fusion has been promised since the 50s still waiting
Much less people have been killed by n/power than war,starvation or disease.

Here is a interesting article on deaths related to different types of energy production, it doesn't include wind or solar as there is not any data as yet, although I guess it will be very low.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back