Elderly tenant dog poo issue

trevskoda

Dog wardens quit at 5pm here,dogs come out at night or early in morning. Some one should make nappies compulsery,i sure would vote for them. (y) Put dog lic up to £100 a year and breaders lic £500,that should cover council wages for wardens. Mind you some of the jobies i have seen on street corners look more like owners droppings. 😂
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

Nabsim

Re the binmen refusing to take the bins, contact the council and explain it is a frail old lady and what is happening. I have a house outside Buxton and it is down steps to the path so I contacted the council telling them I was struggling with the bins. Upshot was they told me to leave the bins and binmen would take down and out back. I know Matlock is a different council but unless under Peak Park they are quite amenable if vulnerable

trixie88

dont understand......do the refuse collectors search thru the bins before being hoisted up and dumped in the wagon. mine just gets collected.....they pull it up to the wagon open the id and put it on the hoist to be dumped in the wagon like other posts have stated......first step would be the council.......then MP......good luck..... thats if its the normal household waste........ NOT IN THE RECYCLE BIN>>>THATS A NO NO>.. edit........sorry just reread your post.......3 bins.......try to get a lock for the 2 recycle bins....then hopefully whoever is the perpetrator will use the household waste bin...........until they are caught........

Last edited:

iandsm

I agree with your sentiments Delish but the more erm,'unhelpful' answers are indicative of the anger that people feel for victims, like the elderly lady in question. Part of that anger is due to the inaction of those in authority when confronted with the problems like the lady is experiencing. A clear example was when the climate change protesters climbed on the roof of the tube train in London, the police stood by as did the rail staff. The result was, the would be train travelers took matters into their own hands and in no time at all, they were able to go to their places of work. Sometimes anarchy rules! I am not sure there is inaction of those in authority in this case, certainly the binemn have refused to empty her bins in the past probably because people have placed dog poo in the recycling bin instead of the landfill one. There is no suggestion that anyone in authority, perhaps in the shape of Environmental Health have been approached for assistance and I expect if they...

Debroos

Perhaps if you install a bush by the fence they can hang it on that, making it easier to collect. Only a thought. It would be there forever...it's not the responsibility of the poo bin collectors to pick up any bags left around....unfortunately.

izwozral

I am not sure there is inaction of those in authority in this case, certainly the binemn have refused to empty her bins in the past probably because people have placed dog poo in the recycling bin instead of the landfill one. There is no suggestion that anyone in authority, perhaps in the shape of Environmental Health have been approached for assistance and I expect if they were they may well be helpful. Lets hope so. On the issue of the travellers pulling protestors off the underground train roof, The police and rail staff stood by as they would be well aware that protestors would be filming in the hope that police and or rail staff would do just that so they could scream brutality and assault and want compensation. I doubt the police or rail staff were wanting to take the chance of the loss off their job and pension and I don't blame them. Anarchy had nothing to do with this, frustrated people wanting to go about their daily lives being prevented from doing so by a few people...

antiquesam

It would be there forever...it's not the responsibility of the poo bin collectors to pick up any bags left around....unfortunately. I just thought it would be easier than fishing it out of the pond, it must be my warped sense of humour

antiquesam

We have a dog poo bin on the other side of the street to us, but the ordinary waste bins around the city have notices saying you can put it in those. I can't see the difference between street waste bins and household waste bins, it all seems to go to the same place

Nabsim

It would be there forever...it's not the responsibility of the poo bin collectors to pick up any bags left around....unfortunately. I wasn’t meaning the bin men would clean up I was meaning they may take bins they otherwise wouldn’t. If that is what you thought from my other post anyway :)

Nabsim

We have a dog poo bin on the other side of the street to us, but the ordinary waste bins around the city have notices saying you can put it in those. I can't see the difference between street waste bins and household waste bins, it all seems to go to the same place It’s because they put it in the wrong bin, bin men leave your bins if they see anything wrong. Had they put it in the black bin there wouldn’t be an issue

landoboguy

Buy a sign saying "CCTV cameras operating here" (or similar message). If you want me to send you one of these professionally printed let me know

andyjanet

Sorry for disappearing on this thread I get so annoyed with this type of behaviour and just couldn’t read the answers people were giving me, Today the sun is shining and I’ve spoken with Lyn she is going to put a sign on her bins as to which one the dog poo can go in and cover the fish pond for a while, Thankyou for all the reply’s Andy

trevskoda

Walking in are park one day workmen were putting up dog bins with a sign saying ,dog wast bins,well i said to workman do you think the dogs can read the signs,reply was its for the owners.OH i said are they allowed to poo in them to,there second word to me was off. :unsure: 😂

Debroos

I wasn’t meaning the bin men would clean up I was meaning they may take bins they otherwise wouldn’t. If that is what you thought from my other post anyway :) I was mostly just having a moan about all the full poo bags you see on footpaths or hanging on trees...annoys the hell out of me. Dog shite AND plastic lying around...

maingate

We do most of our walking in woodland and don't often need poo bags (although we carry them). I flick the poo into the undergrowth where it quickly rots down. For the attention of those that look for any excuse to start an argument, the Park Wardens asked dog walkers to do this whenever possible. I carry a walking pole but there are plenty of broken branches and sticks to be found.

antiquesam

The National Trust have paddles at the start of some walks on their property to move the waste off the paths. Twice this week I've gone to pick up my dogs poo only to stand in someone else's while doing so. Still I've heard it's lucky, like being sh*t bombed by a bird.

landoboguy

We do most of our walking in woodland and don't often need poo bags (although we carry them). I flick the poo into the undergrowth where it quickly rots down. For the attention of those that look for any excuse to start an argument, the Park Wardens asked dog walkers to do this whenever possible. I carry a walking pole but there are plenty of broken branches and sticks to be found. The mersey forest Trust have put signs around our woodland paths saying do the same. Saves all the dog poo bag trees being in full bloom. One morning one of my Jackie's did his dirts a good 12ft into the 8 to 12 inch grass toward the woods when I was reprimanded by a walker who I pointed out the signs to. Ain't no way in hell was anyone gonna walk so far off path. Make my arse wink some folk.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:196)

Snapster, delicagirl, Chris356, guerdeval, G1DOL, maingate, harrow, paulhelenwilko, Robina, lenmcd, Val54, izwozral, channa, CliveW, iandsm, colinmd, Okta, Adria home, caledonia, helen262, st3v3, Topmast, Asterix, Jandb4, bobemmo29, mid4did, trevskoda, Telstar, timatabsa, GWAYGWAY, ricc, campervanannie, oppy, jerrycan, molly 2, Makzine, mofish, korky, pamjon, hank, Victor, GreggBear, Geeky Philip, fiona68, POI Admin, Caz, kevlakes, bobj808, QFour, GinaRon, trixie88, hmssnake, Markd, Silver sprinter, Monkeybrand, n brown, tobym, Obanboy666, lefty107, Fazerloz, belbri, Goggles, suneye, rugbyken, jeanette, Tezza33, jagmanx, Edina, david0412, Wooie1958, tripper, tugboat, Haaamster, phillybarbour, 2cv, phase3begins, yorkslass, R0B, Farman, dunfillin, tilly, ScoTTyBEEE, SimonM, carmel thornton, spigot, antiquesam, time4t, ajb70, highlandron, Linda, Yelto, Martin P, mistericeman, Nabsim, Dezi, TJBi, Alberto, Boots, ironman, clarkpeacock, ATwin, Tony Lee, IanT, Justjack, Andysm, wints, loulou, big tom, helmit, britcoms, Debroos, gaffer, smg, Neckender, terrywolf, Clunegapyears, PawneePilot, REC, Floydster, sherry, dalspa, FULL TIMER, sparrks, witzend, reiverlad, PinkFlowerPetal, Kajay, katv, yorkshireCPLE, jann, TeamRienza, samsda, wanderlust51, mygrassisblue, Tim120, Jo001, landoboguy, 955itriple, Biggarmac, mikejay, keith49, Somerled, number14, londontavern, s4x4c, lands43, Skar, ian1950, Shockingdog, Budgie, mike17, BusyLizzy, Full Member, maxsdad, andromeda, GeoffL, Sharon the Cat, jas900, runnach, Bigshug, euro28, r4dent, ozzy1955, Steve and Julie, bullfist, Woodology, watchthis, Beemer, iampatman, ibs7491, wildebus, Wully, Mikael, The laird, MaizieCarter, mjvw, Tasmania, lthoel2, rjn, Northumborman, john77, tailgate, Gerry Attrick, tintrake, Moonraker 2, mickymost, yorkieowl, eddyt, bilbo, Buzzard, The Jacks, 1807truckman, Lazlo, Chris Evans001, exwindsurfer, slowpace,