Elderly tenant dog poo issue

andyjanet

Went to visit our tenant in Matlock today She has a small front garden with pond and an alcove where she stores the three massive wheelie bins, the council have in the past refused to empty the bins because someone puts dog poo bags in the bins unfortunately our tenant is too frail to climb in the bin and remove said item so after buying a grabber for picking up litter she decided to laminate a piece of paper asking people not to do it and the reason why, Now she is asking me to remove the pond because the dog walker has taken offence and is FLOATING the dog poo in her pond I myself have removed three parcels this evening, Why do people not just live side by side and respect others rights to enjoy the garden without this constant littering the thing is it’s a really nice area with allot of nice people but you only want one bad apple to spoil the barrel
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

Snapster

How awful for your tenant. Do you have Community wardens a PCSO or as a last resort, the police, in the area that you can tell. This is Anti Social behaviour and the police are supposed to be clamping down on it.

delicagirl

if you remove her pond the dog shister will dump it in her garden. if you lock the wheelie bin to avoid dog poo deposits - s/he will do the same. can you put a security camera in so she can at least see who is doing it and get the dog warden onto it..... maybe ask the council for some help for her as she is a vulnerable person? - maybe they might agree to putting a dog poo bin just outside her back gate.....

andyjanet

Good ideas thankyou, Lyn is very churchified and knows a councillor from church I will suggest these ideas for her, as for local pcso or police officer haha , not sure we have any

harrow

Went to visit our tenant in Matlock today three wheelie bins, the council have in the past refused to empty the bins because someone puts dog poo bags in the bins If the dog poo is going in the landfill bin then the council should be collecting it.

iandsm

I suggest a “ring” stick up cam. Can be placed anywhere so long as there is WiFi and it will pick up a good colloid image of people walking past the garden and throwing stuff in

maingate

Catapult with a large pouch to hold poooooooo 😂when they are walking away,STRIKE.(y) Find out who they are and post it through their letterbox* * If you are Irish, attach some Semtex and a fuse to the poo bag. :giggle:

delicagirl

i think andy was wanting some sensible help for his elderly tenant who is clearly not going to catapult shit down the road nor post it through letter boxes....... she is being intimidated here... poor lady ... lets see if we can provide some useful helpful suggestions for her and Andy......

izwozral

i think andy was wanting some sensible help for his elderly tenant who is clearly not going to catapult shit down the road nor post it through letter boxes....... she is being intimidated here... poor lady ... lets see if we can provide some useful helpful suggestions for her and Andy...... I agree with your sentiments Delish but the more erm,'unhelpful' answers are indicative of the anger that people feel for victims, like the elderly lady in question. Part of that anger is due to the inaction of those in authority when confronted with the problems like the lady is experiencing. A clear example was when the climate change protesters climbed on the roof of the tube train in London, the police stood by as did the rail staff. The result was, the would be train travelers took matters into their own hands and in no time at all, they were able to go to their places of work. Sometimes anarchy rules!

Asterix

Something as simple as a motion detecting security light might be all that's needed,assuming it is happening under the cover of darkness.

Obanboy666

Why won't the Council empty the bin? My bin always has dog poo in it that I have picked up from my back yard, it's never been an issue. Same here.

jagmanx

Aren't some people dreadful !. Maybe a solar light with PIR will stop it happening when it is dark. Council putting a suitable bin might help but some people are deliberately perverse. If CCTV it should be the council who install and monitor it. Not something for your tenant or indeed you. Hope it gets sorted or at least minimised. Also hope your tenant is not too distressed by it all.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:196)

Snapster, delicagirl, Chris356, guerdeval, G1DOL, maingate, harrow, paulhelenwilko, Robina, lenmcd, Val54, izwozral, channa, CliveW, iandsm, colinmd, Okta, Adria home, caledonia, helen262, st3v3, Topmast, Asterix, Jandb4, bobemmo29, mid4did, trevskoda, Telstar, timatabsa, GWAYGWAY, ricc, campervanannie, oppy, jerrycan, molly 2, Makzine, mofish, korky, pamjon, hank, Victor, GreggBear, Geeky Philip, fiona68, POI Admin, Caz, kevlakes, bobj808, QFour, GinaRon, trixie88, hmssnake, Markd, Silver sprinter, Monkeybrand, n brown, tobym, Obanboy666, lefty107, Fazerloz, belbri, Goggles, suneye, rugbyken, jeanette, Tezza33, jagmanx, Edina, david0412, Wooie1958, tripper, tugboat, Haaamster, phillybarbour, 2cv, phase3begins, yorkslass, R0B, Farman, dunfillin, tilly, ScoTTyBEEE, SimonM, carmel thornton, spigot, antiquesam, time4t, ajb70, highlandron, Linda, Yelto, Martin P, mistericeman, Nabsim, Dezi, TJBi, Alberto, Boots, ironman, clarkpeacock, ATwin, Tony Lee, IanT, Justjack, Andysm, wints, loulou, big tom, helmit, britcoms, Debroos, gaffer, smg, Neckender, terrywolf, Clunegapyears, PawneePilot, REC, Floydster, sherry, dalspa, FULL TIMER, sparrks, witzend, reiverlad, PinkFlowerPetal, Kajay, katv, yorkshireCPLE, jann, TeamRienza, samsda, wanderlust51, mygrassisblue, Tim120, Jo001, landoboguy, 955itriple, Biggarmac, mikejay, keith49, Somerled, number14, londontavern, s4x4c, lands43, Skar, ian1950, Shockingdog, Budgie, mike17, BusyLizzy, Full Member, maxsdad, andromeda, GeoffL, Sharon the Cat, jas900, runnach, Bigshug, euro28, r4dent, ozzy1955, Steve and Julie, bullfist, Woodology, watchthis, Beemer, iampatman, ibs7491, wildebus, Wully, Mikael, The laird, MaizieCarter, mjvw, Tasmania, lthoel2, rjn, Northumborman, john77, tailgate, Gerry Attrick, tintrake, Moonraker 2, mickymost, yorkieowl, eddyt, bilbo, Buzzard, The Jacks, 1807truckman, Lazlo, Chris Evans001, exwindsurfer, slowpace,