EGR fault code. Ducato x250 2.3

The pin (6mm dia.) has broken off the lever. It is in to limited a space to dill a hole and fit a new pin (or threaded/lock nut arrangement) Hopefully the old one can be welded back on , it was originally swaged in place. The lever moves freely so not seized.
OK, I see now, the photo of part from eBay added to my confusion as it's not built the same.
So it's a repair to the lever/shaft assembly which will be a pig to get to for welding, as you say the original is swaged (or maybe induction welded) in place.
Might be a turbo off job to get enough access to weld it, can be a PITA as the bolts/nuts are usually rusted up :(

UPDATE

After an extended stay in hospital, ( 6cm pancreatic tumour cut out, Pancreaticoduodenectomy) 2 months in instead of 3 weeks! major complications, half of which was in ICU and another couple of months back home recovering. Biopsy showed it to be benign :):):)😌.
I got the MoHo round to my welder mate and he managed to weld a new pin onto the linkage, turbo in-situ. Test run and we're back on full Turbo power EML light out, jobs a good'un. Time to get out and enjoy life again. (y)

The EML come on recently, I downloaded the fault and it was an EGR fault. Yes this emissions crap!
I cleared the fault and it hasn't come on in the last 100miles, exhaust pipe was looking a bit sooty inside.

So I have bought a can of magic EGR Wynns cleaner any one had success with this stuff? or changed the EGR valve on a 2012 2.3l 130bhp
I view EGR valves as consumables, they eventually soot up, block up and fail, some vehicle manufacturers models have more robust EGR systems than others,. For maximum vehicle reliability it's worth inspecting the valve for blockage at service intervals of say at 60k miles, a short EGR valve life can be indicators of other induction system problems, EGR failure points are the cooler, the mechanical valve the associated electronic circuitry, some folk with time on their hands clean them ... 🙂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back