Eco shower heads

barge1914

Anyone got a recommendation for a replacement water saving shower head? The one that comes with our Pegaso may look nice and Italian and trendy, but it either blasts out gallons (or should I say litres?), or it dribbles with not much between. The one we had on our Swift van was small, produced an economic fine controllable spray, and had a trigger to stop it without loosing the delicate balance between hot and cold. Unfortunately can’t find these now for sale.

I bought a thumb/trigger operated shower head for our old camper last May (2021) on eBay.
Cost £25 (which I thought was a bit steep as the quality isn't wonderful, but it does the job).
There wasn't much choice at the time.

I've just looked back at the old purchase info and the seller is no longer operating.
I can't find the same shower head anywhere else on eBay.

There's one here, not thumb operated but you can stop/start the flow with a push button?
How good it is when actually in use I have no idea, but it's a tenner and free postage so maybe worth a punt if you can't find anything better?
UK based (Manchester).

Link: Hand Held Shower ON/OFF switch

There's an Eco shower head here, more expensive at £33, seller based in Cornwall, only 3 left in stock (they've sold nearly 300).
It's got good feedback?

Link: EcoCamel Jetstorm Shower Head

**** Here you go! Just found this, £38, seller based in Canning Town.

Has the thumb lever you want for on/off. Looks OK as far as you can tell ... ?

Link: Douche Shower Spray Kit with Shut off Valve and Hose

OK, so it's a douche shower, but so what?! :ROFLMAO:
Does the same job and a similar size to our thumb controlled shower head we bought last year. 🤷‍♀️ :cool:

Two more similar, don't know what the difference is between them:-

Link1: ENKI BI002 Modern Douche ON/OFF Manual Valve with Handset Spray Kit Chrome CALI

Link2: ENKI BI003 Ultra Douche ON/OFF Manual Valve with Handset Spray Kit Chrome CALI

Last edited:
Kin hell Marie, you like spending peoples money 😝 google 'trigger showerhead' they start at £5.

Fair comment, Colin. 🤷‍♀️
Any chance of a link to actual product please?
Not for me, but @barge1914 might appreciate it, it's his thread and the one asking for help. :)

And there's still a supply problem in the UK with a fair few things at the minute, in case anyone hasn't noticed yet :cool:

If there really is a reliable trigger shower head for £5 from a UK supplier, one that won't fall apart in 5 mins and can easily attach to an existing motorhome setup, I definitely want that link yesterday!!! ;)(y) 😁

If it's anything like this: Trigger Shower Head you can keep it!

I actually got one exactly like this first time round last year and they are complete cr*p.

Can't operate the on-off switch with wet or soapy hands for starters, so 100% not fit for purpose and a total waste of a (whole!) fiver.

If you want sensible, usable gear for a camper you should ask a sensible woman first before you start hoying your fivers away ;) 😜 😇 😘

Well I can't vouch for the quality, but here you go.

p.s. I see you don't like the first one, I would note the one we have in van (not like any of these), I find easy to use, gf often seems to have trouble with.

That's a better price (nearly as low as a fiver Colin!) and at least it has a proper trigger, not a daft switch. (y)😊

PS. The quality of the cheap trigger shower heads is not all that good - flimsy, break easily etc. etc.
The more expensive ones often aren't much better either!

Maybe because we now live in a world inundated with cheap, disposable (Chinese!) products? :cautious:(n)
If you want quality you usually have to pay a bit more for it. Was ever thus 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
If I was to type “toilet Muslim shower head” I’d be in trouble! ;) You have to love some adverts.

I like the 'Chrome Bidet Shattaf Douche Spray' in Witzend's post above ... :ROFLMAO:

Whaaa...? It actually detects as Japanese in Google translate and means 'Shutter', but I think the 'shat' bit in English is quite appropriate for a bidet shower head... :LOL: 😁

Can't be too careful with multinational selling - just think of some of the names car manufacturers came up with in the past translating into something hilarious or rude in another language!

You reminded me, we have a "bumwash gun" in our shed, bought from Thailand ....(I guess same as bidet one ). Might try it in Portugal instead of the plastic one currently in use.

There's one here, not thumb operated but you can stop/start the flow with a push button?
How good it is when actually in use I have no idea, but it's a tenner and free postage so maybe worth a punt if you can't find anything better?
UK based (Manchester).

Link: Hand Held Shower ON/OFF switch
You made me spend money too, though at £6.99 delivered worth a punt.
The "300% turbocharger technology" sold it me. 🤣 It just gives more options than the current fixed shower head and the on/off button will be handy, hopefully it will be an improvement? 🤔

Thanks for all the replies. I’ve probably seen most of these on Google, I posted in the hope somebody had one they could actually recommend from personal experience! The one on our swift had a swivel trigger…pull to open, swivel to hold open, with a very fine even spray that used minimal water. I’ve been trying to find something like it currently available. The quest continues!

And the one Marie linked to in post 12 looks to be the one we have, and I get on all right with it. I would note ours can be locked on if needed, and as it doubles up as basin tap with a micro switch tap this works well, not sure if witzend's can be locked if needed.

The shower head on my new Swift has the on/off switch as you describe and seems to give a good even spray, so they are obviously still produced?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back