Drone drone drone

GWAYGWAY

I find out today that my droning activities have just had a stupid and unnecessary setback. Grant Shaps the minister for whatever goes with aviation or something has signed into legislation a total drone flying ban within 5k radius of Dover Harbour. It is seemingly a Critical National infrastructure that needs protection from having photos or being flown near by me and others like me. The only thing is I am a long way from the port area (which is not actually defined and odd-shaped) when at home , I therefore cannot use my drone to fly on my own property now without getting permission from the DHB police?.(private Gestapo under control of the CEO). What pXXXes me of is there is not a real and valid reason for it as ships are pretty robust items that are not easily destroyed by a small plastic object. If it is terrorist planning then they must go ahead and close off the cliff that overlook the docks, because the whole place is easily visible from both sides of the town.
Methinks , it is the DHB themselves trying to elevate themselves to the same plane as airports seem to have achieved now, following the scares of alleged drone attacks on planes ,which might be a bit more vulnerable than a solid steel ferry.

Apparently this is temporary until 29 January 2020.

I wonder why?
Screenshot_20191114-002602.jpg

I suppose it saves having to shoot the buggers down like a few people have done around here.

Several idiots or possibly perverts thought it would be good fun to buzz peoples back gardens especially in good weather when people are out maybe sunbathing.

Drones were used by ISIS to drop explosives .....

.... can you fly them over Westminster?

Just asking. 👿
No you cannot unless you’re the BBC or ITV who have carte Blanche.
Queeny house as well in case you catch her nude sunbathing or something, even though she’s not there most of the time.

Is it something new with ports as I was asked to remove my dashcam while in Plymouth docks boarding the ferry

My new "Toy" Mavic Mini should be arriving this week. Less than 249 grams so not a drone just a toy.

I find out today that my droning activities have just had a stupid and unnecessary setback. Grant Shaps the minister for whatever goes with aviation or something has signed into legislation a total drone flying ban within 5k radius of Dover Harbour. It is seemingly a Critical National infrastructure that needs protection from having photos or being flown near by me and others like me. The only thing is I am a long way from the port area (which is not actually defined and odd-shaped) when at home , I therefore cannot use my drone to fly on my own property now without getting permission from the DHB police?.(private Gestapo under control of the CEO). What pXXXes me of is there is not a real and valid reason for it as ships are pretty robust items that are not easily destroyed by a small plastic object. If it is terrorist planning then they must go ahead and close off the cliff that overlook the docks, because the whole place is easily visible from both sides of the town.
Methinks , it is the DHB themselves trying to elevate themselves to the same plane as airports seem to have achieved now, following the scares of alleged drone attacks on planes ,which might be a bit more vulnerable than a solid steel ferry.
You say you cannot fly your Drone on your own ;property , that s not good, but I suspect your Drone impinges on neighbors property too, so why should this not be stopped, not every one likes their privacy invaded by Drones Paparazzi etc , this growing trend of Drone flying needs to be controlled, they are capable of carrying bombs and other nasties , and it is just a matter of time before this happens and people get hurt or die. Lots of complaints have been raised about the growth of CCT cameras every where, personally I am all for them, but Drones are an extension of this surely?

My son used to fly model aircraft. But he was only allowed to do so at the clubs site not anywhere else. When in Florida last year I witnessed a man flying his drone down the beech, right over the top of young girls in their bikinis sunbathing. This drone culture seems to have no controls put in place.

Some parcel delivery firms are looking into drones to do local drops,could be fun on first of year duck shoot,oops osiver i taught it we a duck.:eek:

I like them! Just look at all the great footage of stuff we now have, including girls in bikinis on the beach! :love:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back