Drone drone drone

I wonder what height property ownership extends to?

You probably don't own the airspace above your property or the mineral rights beneath it.

It isn't allowed here.

https://bmfa.org/Info/Know-the-Law

The trouble is the people who buy drones, don't know the rules and regulations, and probably aren't insured either.
The problem is they possibly don't want to know the rules. If you can buy one on any high street, who is going to police it.

With a proper fixed wing plane, to get somewhere to fly it, you usually have to join a proper club unless you own acres and acres of fields.
When I was flying, it involved putting everything in the car and driving to the club patch to fly. But, with a drone, you could pop out the
garden while you are waiting for the kettle to boil.
Is the new drone owner going to conform??? Doubt it.
At least the drone is generally a safer object than a plane.
There have been deaths caused by model planes whereas a drone would cut you up badly.

You probably have some rights concerning low level airspace, otherwise your neighbour could build something overhanging your property. I believe you have the right to cut off overhanging branches. Perhaps you also have the right to bring down your neighbours drone as it flies over your garden.

You probably have some rights concerning low level airspace, otherwise your neighbour could build something overhanging your property. I believe you have the right to cut off overhanging branches. Perhaps you also have the right to bring down your neighbours drone as it flies over your garden.
You do have the right to cut branches/hedges or pick fruit,but you must offer it back to next door,you do not have a right of light,but a fence from end of gable wall must be 3ft high only,but you can grow a 40ft tall edge. :unsure:

I find out today that my droning activities have just had a stupid and unnecessary setback. Grant Shaps the minister for whatever goes with aviation or something has signed into legislation a total drone flying ban within 5k radius of Dover Harbour. It is seemingly a Critical National infrastructure that needs protection from having photos or being flown near by me and others like me. The only thing is I am a long way from the port area (which is not actually defined and odd-shaped) when at home , I therefore cannot use my drone to fly on my own property now without getting permission from the DHB police?.(private Gestapo under control of the CEO). What pXXXes me of is there is not a real and valid reason for it as ships are pretty robust items that are not easily destroyed by a small plastic object. If it is terrorist planning then they must go ahead and close off the cliff that overlook the docks, because the whole place is easily visible from both sides of the town.
Methinks , it is the DHB themselves trying to elevate themselves to the same plane as airports seem to have achieved now, following the scares of alleged drone attacks on planes ,which might be a bit more vulnerable than a solid steel ferry.
its to stop you filming , rubber boats coming in, were do they go to my luvely, arr ok pj

I do think drone have there place,for one home sales people use them to take pictures so to let folk see ground and whats around house,good and looks nice when searching on the net for that we summer hol,land, or new move.

land.png

And the roofer used one to see where the leak on our roof was likely to be. Captured really good images.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back