Drivers medicals Where/ how much

wildman

Time for my D4 renewal, local clinic now want £80 for a medical, I really don't wish to line their pockets can anyoneone point me in the right direction am sure the last one only cost £30

Time for my D4 renewal, local clinic now want £80 for a medical, I really don't wish to line their pockets can anyoneone point me in the right direction am sure the last one only cost £30

Last one I had was a company that advertised in a publication called Truckstop News, available free from most Truckstop. Cost me 50 quid & was conducted at a hotel type place beside Leeds ring road.
Saw a post recently from someone who said DVLA had told them only medical forms from his go would be accepted. My gp wanted £150 over 10 yrs ago....

I think the DVLA stopped accepting Doctors On Wheels medicals from June last year. Perhaps at £50 they weren’t doing proper medicals.

I just went to my own gp last year but it was £100,whoever you book with make sure they use a Snellen eye chart for the eye test.

Admittedly over 4 years ago, I used an organisation that provided this service, as my own medical practice wanted a high fee. Went to another medical practice where medical was carried out by a very efficient doctor who had done numerous as she double checked the form several times as aware of how the DVLA deal with discrepancies. She had all my records and was meticulous, after all, it was her name on the bottom line.

I understand that Doctors on Wheels are now back on the list of approved organisations accepted by DVLA but there are lots of others if you google "D4 Medicals". Most of them charge around £50. I had mine done for £45 in Derby last October. There is no compulsion to use your own GP.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back